13 reviews by parents
A very unfortunate incident happened the day before yesterday with our daughter, aged 13 months, at Pumpkin Patch
My son is going to this day care since past 7 months and we are finding it good. No major issues we noticed so far. My son happily goes to the moushis and in the evening also I find him the same. So I feel they are taking good care of him that's why he doesn't cry while going to or while coming back from the day care. We will recommend this day care for sure.
School's review you must have seen by other members. I am about to tell you Day care experience of Hinjewadi branch.
1. They are very very much money minded. Always they will seek a chance to get it from you. Say if you drop your kid approx 20-30 mins early (once in a month) then also you have to pay the extra hour charge.
2. CCTV are installed in daycare, but they will never give you the recording nor show you. it's a policy of daycare.
3. Every year fee hike will be there of ~10% (which is fine) but there is no improvement in infrastructure. Toys are old & no improvement in play ground area.
4. No drawer of separate area to keep your baby's bag. it's a common place where they have to keep the bag. Due to this always they misplace the cloths/socks/water bottle etc. Once misplaced there is only 10-20% chances that you will get it back.
5. There is a case when they kept the First Aid box locked & the teacher who had keys, left the days care.
Coincidentally, 1 kid got injured badly & bleed. Imagine, the kid was not treated as he should. His mamma was shouting teachers in front of every one. Really how irresponsible they are!!!
6. One of another case is with me. In this day care you have to pay the fee at the starting of the month. As usual, I paid the fee for 8 hours.
Suddenly i got notification from my school kids has to attend school for 15 days (date 15 to 30 of that month). So my day care hour gets reduces to 4 hours for 15 days.
When I communicated to day care teacher, they said they will refund 15 days extra fee.
In same time I had a situation where I had to change my house location & hence the day care. So I requested them to refund the Caution Deposit amount + extra hour paid (4 hour for 15 days).
When I told them this, they said that "we can not refund the 4 hour extra paid charges & only Caution deposit will be refunded becoz you are leaving the daycare. If you will continue the day care, then only they will adjust this amount"
This show the money oriented mid-set & how ethically they work!!.
7. Food quality is not that good. You can see complain book on the reception (still they dont take any action or after some time the quality comes to the same level)
8. They do say that they will maintain ratio of kids & Mausy as "1:1 for infant", "3:1 for toddler" & "5:1 for big baby" but they never maintained that. Bcoz of lower payment to mausy, they always run away after some time. Kids will always get new mausy in 3-4 months.
9. No room heater for winter or cooler for summer they have. (considering it's a open area it gets affected most by weather)
10. They will provide you a Note book where they maintain what the kids has eaten in day care. Also there is a Allergy section where you can mention if your kids have allergy with anything.
They never ever looked into the allergy section. Like my baby has allergy with Banana, even after mentioning it they used to give banana to my kid. (it happens atleast 6-8 times with me even after complaining)
11......If your are still want to get your kid there, keep your eyes & ears closed.
1. They have open play ground which is good to have.
2. Room size are big to accommodate large number of kids.
Very poor experience with day care for my kid ,the staff is extremely arrogant and rude and my kid used to be scared and cry all along the route from school till day care,he always used to complaint that mausi/teacher used to hit him while feeding,i complained multiple times but nobody cared...i changed his day care and he is very happy now and used to enjoy his stay in daycare,i will sincerely advice to think twice before putting your child in daycare.
I agree with MadhuPS, the in charge of Wakad pumpkin patch is very rude..I visited the pumpkin patch wakad branch recently for playgroup enquiry ..the infra is impressive but the lady who is the school admin, MJ, i found her way too rude..I asked her abt the day care charges, she replied that u r a homemaker why do u need to know?...when I told her that I m in process if getting back to job, so wanted to know the charges..to that she replied ask me when u get back to job!!!... That was very much out of the line..if d front office is like this, what can we say abt the back office..I m definitely not going to send my kid here... There are 26 kids in one class and only 2 teachers + 1 mawshi..was not convinced with this ratio either.. Fees is too high..65k+ pa...for 2 hrs..instead one can consider Serra international aundh, which I felt was too good at almost this same price..
The school has nice infra and is better
than some of the near by options, but recently the management has
started activities to make more money (even though they are already
having the highest fees in the neighborhood). For example the
students play area which was previously around 20 Feet hall has been
divided into two rooms, where half the room is now used for extra
Recently I observed my kid talking about stuff
we take utmost care like "Do this and you will get a chocolate".
We gave the feedback at the school, but again recently he was talking
to himself while playing "eat this or you will get a slap".
Looks like the staff quality has deteriorated badly.
Also the recently organized Diwali camp
was so ill organized, there was no staff for kids not attending the
camp. Since the camp has started, my kid is avoiding going to school.
He told that he was made to sit in the corner of a room. How can
school management do this, its like punishing a little kid.
Similarly kid of one of my friend
soiled his shorts in school, but no one noticed he was in the dirty
clothes for the whole day.
Gave all this inputs to the director
(written application) who has simply not returned a reply even after
almost 10 days.
Check for other options like Little Millennium
etc in the locality especially for day care.
Terrible experience!!! environment is very unprofessional, no field area for children to play. They keep lots of Mausis but very few teachers. Incharge is very rude. I would not recommend for a toddler.
I am also agree with sthawari.
my opinion was also same when my baby was below 1yr and they had one to one ratio, but since they moved her in toddler group my baby's care has not taken properly.they messed up with her medicines and injuries. I have two very bad experiences, which were accepeted by teacher at that moment but next day their main teacher told me this happenes and you should not complain. How a parent can not complain about their carelessness about his/her child's medicines and injuries?? theses are very sensitive issue. we leave our child with trust and they say like this. I request all parents to inquire very deeply before choosing pumpkin patch. its not good for toddlers(above 1yr)
My 2 year old daughter going to this daycare for more than 9 months now. They take great care of babies and the ratio of the caregivers that they maintain is excellent.
I agree to what everyone is saying.Before indira kids my daughter was in pumpkinpatch for 2yrs. Actually she was in the first batch of palygrp. I am totally satisfied with them.Hygine, kids care ,teaching style everything is good. I had to take away my child from it as we moved to other area.
My 2 daughters used to go to Pumpkin patch school and day care center. It is excellent, there is no other day care which is on par with this one.
My son has been attending the Pumpkin Patch Daycare for the past 6 months now and we are very happy with this daycare center.
Schools near Pumpkin Patch - Pune