Starting this thread to connect with other parents on this forum who have taken admission in PICT Model School or are planning to take.
I have taken admission for my kid for LKG in PICT Model School and would like to connect with other parents who are opting for PICT Model School.
even i m thinking to put my daughter there for lkg. but right now i m out of the country. will return by nxt month. can u plz tell me the total fees of the school for lkg?
Hi Guys, can you pls provide review of PICT Baner.
@trc1987 The fee structure is as follows:
- one time non-refundable admission fees = Rs.31,500
- annual course fee = Rs.95,000 (divided in 3 installments: 57000, 19000, and 19000 with first installment to be paid at the time of admission along with the admission fees)
- transport = Approx Rs.26,000 annually (for distance of 10KM, varies depending upon how far are you located from the school)
- uniform = approx Rs.5,000 for the year
- books = exact amount not known yet
- cafeteria (optional, you can choose to send home-cooked food) = forgot the amount
@pmuley If you are referring to the PICT Model School then the first-hand feedback I have received is good. I had talked with one of the parents whose kid goes to the school and she has all good things to say about the school. I liked the infrastructure - its flat and laid out well instead of having high-risers (although some of it is under construction, specifically parts meant for primary section, multipurpose hall and the play-grounds). We also had a brief interaction with the Principal and she came across as a pleasant, welcoming, and intellectual person. The management team behind the school is the same as that of the PICT engineering college which, hopefully, should give good directional leadership to the on-ground team.
thanx for the help...
@bharatnp..We have also taken admission for our son in PICT, he will be starting in JrKg next year
@anirudharb great to hear that. In which area is your house located? I had some apprehension about travel time from/to Bavdhan area. Had visited the school yesterday and met the transport admin. He mentioned that the transport routes will be finalized in Feb and assured that routes will be such that the travel time doesn't exceed 40 to 45 mins for any of the students.
Yes they had told the same to us... but since we are staying in Wakad just 10 mins away.. most probably we will not be opting for transport for next year at least...
I have shortlisted 2 school s for my kid to get him admission in Jr. KG.
Vikhe patil memorial school
I am yet to make a choice out of these 2. Can anyone have feedback on Vikhe Patil memorial and it's fee structure. I would like to also consider fee hikes year on year and for higher classes.
@RD101 Vikhe Patil is one of the reputed and established schools in Pune. Don't know the exact fee structure but I am assuming that the overall fees would be lower than PICT. PICT seems to be a promising new school with good infrastructure and management. If you haven't registered yourself for a school visit to PICT it might be little difficult getting admission now since folks are already being put on waitlist for LKG admissions. Vikhe Patil admission schedule is out on their website. IMHO travel time for your kid should be given due consideration while finalizing the school.
I am looking for admissions for my son to higher standards Class V in PICT school. Could someone please shed lights on the extra curricular activities, sports and academics front? Overall infrastructure and admin look welcoming, but that is their first selling point. If someone can brief of other important aspects of school ,will be really helpful.
we are also looking to put our chil in Jr. Kg there. but seems like their admissions are full. how was your overall admission experience and was it easy. i guess you must have taken admissions in Oct 2017 itself. if not this year i may opt for next year, but we just fell in love with the school. i have visited many other schools but i think ill rest my case here!
@ak42 The overall admission experience has been wonderful baring apart one rule - the school required parents to visit the school gate, personally, and make an entry into a register to get an appointment for school visit. IMHO they could have scheduled appointments over phone, email, or a simple web form. Commuting all the way to the school just to make an entry into the register was unnecessary. Hope they fix this next year. Rest everything was very well organized and streamlined.
The appointments and the admissions were done on first-come-first-serve basis. So if you are planning to take admission next year I would suggest to get an appointment early on once the admission window opens. During the school visit you can fill up the admission form and then wait and hope to get an admit from the school.
Thanks for ur reply. An entry at the gate - does that mean that when the admission window opens (via announcement at the web) you need to go personally to the school and get the admission form first come first serve basis? or i havent understood what inconvenience are you talking about, cud you please elaborate.
Also how soon do you suggest we go get the admission forms, i mean timing wise, like early in the morning or at a decent time in the day?
Hi..i looked at their website which looks quite impressive. Any feedback about their day care facility. I am looking for good day boarding options for my daughter as we both are working. She will be eligble for lkg next year. Any other suggestions for good cbse schools near by pimple saudagar along with good day care?
MMI has an excellent day care, even rose buds by Podar is good.
@ak42 Elaborating admission steps below:
1. The admission calendar is published on PICT's website listing dates and time-slots during which the parents should be visiting the school gate to make an entry to schedule school visit
2. Parents seeking admission for their kids need to personally visit the gate of the school during the given window. At the gate a register is kept where parents are supposed to enter contact details and class for which admission is sought. A token number / serial number is assigned after you make an entry. The earlier you make an entry into this register the better are the chances of getting an invite for school visit and furthermore an admit if you are interested.
3. The school then calls back interested parents (in batches of 10-15) in serial order and arranges a pre-admission talk, infrastructure walkthrough, and Q&A session. At the end of this session interested parents can buy and submit the admission form. Also, a brief interaction with Pricinpal is arranged where you get a chance to directly interact with the Principal and clarify any doubts you might have.
4. The school then contact parents with admit / no-admit notifications as per the schedule. If you get an admit you need to confirm admission by paying required fee as per the schedule.
IMHO for step # 2 the school could have received requests for school visits through phone calls, emails, or web-form instead of asking parents to personally travel to the school gate to make an entry into the register. Note that you are not even allowed inside the campus to take a look when you make this entry. Arrive at the gate, make an entry, leave. Sounds inconvenient and unproductive to me.
Are the admissions still going on for 1st Std?
I believe admissions are closed.
PICT - For JR. KG 2019 Intake
I stay at Baner, Main Road, near Hotel Green Park.
I want to
plan my sons admission for Jr. KG 2019 intake at Vidya Valley (Sus),
Vibghor (Sus), Gurukul (Model Colony), PICT (Balewadi) or any
good school nearby. Can i have other parents views on PICT and other school plz.
Thanking you all in advance.
They all are good schools at the end, you have to go yourself and decide based on your gut feeling what suits you.
unless you have any specific requirements
For Jr kG the fee goes upto 1.7 which includes transport and food. Tentative figure.
Thnaks for the inputs.. really appreciate.