Need help with childrens music. I have never been a great music lover, but my kids are. I am lost when it comes to guiding them and buying good stuff.
Please provide pointers for good western music - both old classics and new ones
hi mama mia,
u hv not mentioned ur kids age. n for their leaning purpose u want to know or just listening ?
5 years and 1 year. I am looking at ones good for them to listen now.
Beethoven and Mozart are very good for children.
Here are some of my children's favourite songs. They know the lyrics for most of these and love to sing or dance along with them.
1.Can you feel the love tonight - from the movie Lion King
2. Circle of Life - from the movie Lion King
3. Do Re Mi - From the movie Sound of Music
4. Don't Worry Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin (from an old Grammy)
5. Hakuma Matata - Lion King
6. I just cant wait to be king - Lion King
7. Johnny B Goode - Rock n' roll by Chuck Berry
8. La Vie En Rose - Louis Armstrong (from the movie Wall-E)
9. Life is a Highway - from the movie Cars
10. My Favourite Things - Sound of Music
11. On My Way - Phil Collins (from the movie Brother Bear)
12. Real Gone - from the Movie Cars
13. Route 66 - (from the Movie Cars)
14. We didn't start the fire - old classic from Billy Joel
15. What a wonderful world - Louis Armstrong (old Jazz classic)
16. When I see an elephant fly - from the movie Dumbo
17. Yellow Submarine - The Beatles
18. Old time rock n roll - Bob Seger
19. Hanuman Chalisa - MS Subbulakshmi
20. Bhaja Govindam - MS Subbulakshmi
21. Senthamizh Naadenum Podhinile - Bharatiar's Tamil song by MS Subbulakshmi
These seem to be the current favourites and they are all loaded on my phone too :-)
When they were younger, they listened to a lot of nursery rhymes. There are plenty of CDs available for these.
All Rights Reserved Copyright © 2008-2023 Parentree