19 replies, Page 1

vbr001 2016-11-10 16:30:48


im looking for a tutor who can teach teach my son studying class 8.He is a ADHD and Dyslexia he is studying in meridian school kukatpally can you help me 

prabhavmom 2016-11-23 21:54:57


Hello vbr001,
Could you please elaborate your son's condition ? y becoz ADHD and Dyslexia.... how did he cope up till 8th standard. Does the school provide any special educator? 
My son too ADHD and Dyslexia, he is 9years old. I pulled him out from a regular school becoz of the behaviour issues and put him in Sparsh special school. Initially there was improvement. i strongly feel had i put him in a regular school which provide special educator facilities he could have improved alot. 
If any regular school comes to your notice plz let me know.



vbr001 2016-11-24 16:08:52


Hi ,
My son  had amixture of problems  ADHD+Dyslexia+ODD we  got him treated in NIMHANsBangalore 
and thy also trained us how to deal with these kids. i joined him in normal school only but explained the school authorities about his problem.Now he is in class 8 and many behavioural issues has come down 
one thing we must  keep in mind is  most of the kids though they dont excell in studies they have some areas where they are good at. we must look into those areas .my son loves cooking and always tries to experiment in cooking. 
as far as ADHD is concerned there is no need  for spl school 
let him study in normal school . only thing needed is  behavioural therepy .some times a little medication like attentrol tablet 
thank you 

prabhavmom 2016-12-09 15:27:16


hi Jai86,
I just called The Gaudium school. They said they have special educators. Asked to come down for assessment.
Do you know anyone who are already studying there with ADHD and Dyslexia problem. 
Awaiting for an early response. Thanks in advance.

 Former member 2017-02-24 22:37:26


Hi, my son is 3.2 year old and diagnosed as ADHD with some traits of autism. I have started his OT and speech therapy. But behavioural issues are still same. Really worried about him.. Plz suggest some medication so that I can bring his hyperactivity down. I am taking treatment from Dr. Aneesh bombay

131099 2017-06-11 18:54:08


hello sir,
my brother has same condition but he is 12years and studying only in 3rd st.. he too loves cooking.
sir s do we need any special school for him??

and if u have any idea for schools suitable for him wid hostel thn plz help me out..


Agrimmum 2017-08-01 20:26:01


Hi 1ritug,
Its old post but still can u pls guide me about Dr. Aneesh from mumbai for my 3 year kid who has symptoms of Autism and speech delay.
I am very worried about him.Pls help.


preshesha 2018-03-27 00:30:48


Hi vbr001, Do you know any schools in chennai near tambaram which will accept Adhd child? Please let me know. Thank you, Preetha.

Sridevi83 2020-08-07 22:52:21


Hi VBR001 garu my son 10 yrs old studying 5th class in Hyderabad suffering with similar issues; could you please suggest and refer Doctor and Therapies. Suggest what are the steps you have taken for kids growth?

sri2005 2020-08-13 14:29:53


hi Sridevi,

I suggest you to try out some exercises. does he follow instructions. If so, try suryanamaskar. walking, jumping will lower down their energy levels.
Plan in such a way that his energy levels are drained in a productive way. gradually chances are there for him to calm down and elevate his focus .


2005pr 2020-11-18 22:11:52


Can you please elaborate on nimhans Bangalore assessment and treatment. My son aged 6 assessed with adhd and pdd. We are giving him aba therapy. Going to nimhans Bangalore, wat treatment doctor suggested, have u tried eeg therapy. Please let us know , thank you

2005pr 2020-11-18 22:14:34


Any other parents, please share your experiences on nimhans treatment, did u see improvement in your kid after giving therapy . Also any one tried waldof school , indradanu waldof has a special school in nungambakkam. Has anyone tried that school. Your replies and experiences will b v much helpful to me

dushita 2021-05-02 14:26:17


I can't advise for Bangalore area but I must say that in my experience therapy is not enough, and it is better that such children be transferred to a special-educational-needs school. Because in normal schools teachers can often unintentionally be hostile to kids with learning difficulties of any kind, and there will inevitably be bullying.

12kumari 2022-02-05 11:15:06


Hi all, My daughter 9yrs old have adhd ,she is also having troubles with her education and schooling ,iam so worried abt her that to iam a single parent I don't have any idea how to cope up with situation, this is all new to me, I reached out to one of normal regular school near to my home, but they are worried abt that other kids will get disturbed with her behaviour, can any one of u please guide me how u all r handling , what's ur approaches of dealing when u r kid don't listen to u ,ur frustration and how to make them understanding and listening to us

sri2005 2022-02-06 14:23:11


hello 12kumari,

Did you visit a child psychologist? If assessment is done and the problem ADHD is uncovered. Please take her to therapies needed. Also i heard so much positive feedback on homeopathy medicine treating ADHD. A structured routine need to be implemented. Fix a routine for her. Dont lose courage and hope. As you said you are a single parent, you need to stay strong. First of all do not bother about what other people say. Dont let other peoples opinion about ur child steal your peace of mind. I am mother of 14 year old ADHD boy. 
I follow a routine a time table. Coming to diet . I stopped sweets, sugar intake for my son. Also identify your childs interest and nourish them. Even swimming help to calm down. Make sure you take your daughter for a walk. ADHD children possess high energy levels which need to be drained productively. 
Early intervention is always best. Do not waste time. Visit a good homeopathy doctor. Better days are on the way, do not worry. Stay positive. Have patience. Good Luck. 


12kumari 2022-02-06 17:55:02


Hi sri2005, Thank u so much for ur reply, it means a lot to me I'll try my best & one more thing I want to know is adhd children will become normal after some period of time

chethan86 2022-03-18 16:20:42


Hello everyone. My son is 6 years old and is completing his UKG studies. He is very hyperactive, keeps running from one end of the room to another with some thought running in his mind. it feels like he is imagining a video or sequence in his mind and he is running along. Always tries to have screen time (tv or mobile) and watches the same content everytime. He still cannot speak fluently even a single language (even though he can converse in 3 languages). In academics he is very good (can read & write english/kannad/hindi). One annoying part is that he never lets me and my wife have a conversation. He will either talk loudly, sing loudly or interrupt us with an intention of breaking our communication. He has messy eating habits (he uses his eating hand to wipe his hair, face, dress thus making it dirty). he doesn't realize this. he keeps jumping everytime. I somehow feel that he has adhd. but how do i get his assessment done? who is the best specialist in bangalore to treat this condition? Also could you suggest some schools in which he would given a special attention and not be penalized for his behaviour? His current school/day care takes real good care of him even though he is hyperactive. But since the school is limited to kindergraten, I am forced to look for new schools. I stay near Indiranagar and it would be great if you could suggest some schools nearby. Also the best counselor/therapist for him. 

sri2005 2022-04-02 18:53:58


Dear Chethan86,

First of all please dont label your son "ADHD". Get the assessment done by child psychologist. Count the blessings sir. He is very good at academics. Identify his interests and encourage. you mentioned he disturbs you when communicating with your wife. he may be thinking that he is being sidelined. make him sit with u, cuddle him and slowly start communicating. suddenly avoiding, yelling the kid will make them feel offended. Reduce the screen time. it will have negative impact on the mental health of a growing child.

Early intervention is always good. take him to a child psychologist if you have any doubts. 


Vsatheesh6412 2022-06-22 15:21:35


Hello Prabhavmom, 

please help me out. I€™m looking for some suggestions and help regarding my sons ADHD. 

rmraj 2023-06-19 12:48:05


I am looking for a school for my son (Aged 7 yrs) in Manikonda, Hyderabad. He has been diagonised with ADHD and he is also having speech delay. We has been going to school last year(LKG) and as the school was not able to handle i have been doing home schooling from October 22. Currently looking for a school as i believe it will help him to improve on his social behavior. Kindly suggest any school which will accepts children with special needs.



All Rights Reserved Copyright © 2008-2023 Parentree