We all strive to join our children in a good school which has best teachers and of course within the budget constraints.
We started our school hunting journey when our kid was 2 years! Be it looking at the reviews on parent tree and asking friends and family to give us a checklist on what to look out and preparing for all sorts of school interview questions and how to answer to them.
Also, we had our specifics on what we wanted for our child in the early stages of learning in a school - quality learning, less crowded, good environment and best teachers and peers.
We did visit schools like Oakridge and Rockwell but after visiting Keystone which perfectly fits the bill, we decided to enroll our kid in PP1 there.
As soon as you enter the school premises, you get really good vibes. Counselor gave us a tour of the school. It is surrounded by greenery. School campus is small compared to the other international schools around but classrooms are well-ventilated and are all air-conditioned.
We got to meet the director of the school Mrs. Sri Lakshmi Reddy and this was the turning point to decide on the school. She started the conversation asking what we were looking in a school. The best part was when spoke about the focus on teachers training and how important the teachers are for school. She insisted on having an interaction with our kid, which went well.
And we know it is not just our decision to choose the school but vice versa too. Our kid got adjusted to school without much of a problem. On school's orientation day we got the glimpse of the overall ideology of Keystone and got to meet the team.
Mr. Pushkin Reddy, the backbone and the pillar of Keystone who was invisible all through the admission process spoke on orientation day and we were in awe for the passion and ambition he had for the schooling overall. As parents, we can only hope that they continue bettering the learning experience for kids and make them stronger to make the world better.
Our experience so far:
- We love the way our kid started using fingers and hand movements while talking to us
- Teachers are very friendly to kids and initially when required kids interaction was in the mother tongue rather than forcing them to speak in English. My child picked English and is conversing in English with us at home. We had a problem when teacher was replaced with another. My kid took long time to get used to the new teacher but transition was not that bad.
- Shekhar sir, P.T sir is heartthrob of every keystone student. He makes sure all kids get good playtime outdoors and much needed exercises.
- Food is from school and is alright. Our kid is a fussy eater but is getting better in eating variety of foods.
- Transport is one thing that we have a problem with. At least the driver we are assigned is very rude and my kid comes back saying driver said 'sigguleda' and 'buddileda' while asking to sit down on the assigned seats. We are planning to raise this in the next PT meeting
- Fees is on the higher side and they promise hike will not be more than 5-6%.
-They still need to figure out certain things to get to the International standards. For instance, they promised GPS tracking for transport and is pending for months now.
- PT meeting first quarter, we never received any notice and wonder if they forgot to tell only us.
We hope they don't loose out their focus after few years and become just like any other school.
Our overall experience has been wonderful and we just hope we are part of their journey to become what they aim to become. We have no regrets in choosing this school for our child.