Dear Ms. Indu
I do not know if my reply is too late. Still as a parent whose children are studying in the school since inception I feel I can answer the queries you have raised.
1. The school follows so called Birla curriculum. If you ask them for the syllabus the parents do not get it . What i find from my experience the syllabus mostly follows CBSE and few chapters from ICSE have been added without any logical sequence.Please make sure you go through every chapter of the curriculum before you admit.
2.you will find science lessons do not progress systemically.
3.There are no writing excercises in notebooks.Everything is on paper , in the name of worksheets.These worksheets are not corrected and given. Eventually the students have to face CBSE board for which they need to be prepared.
4.The Present Principal was trainer from Birla edu tech before joining the school.As parents we have attended her sessions about Birla system of education.
5.Teachers brand students as duds openly.
6.Beginning of the academic year many experienced teachers left. The old principal who was fighting tooth and nail against Birla Edu tech was unceremoniously dropped.
7.Students who ask questions are threatned by the life skills teacher who is also the HR person there.
8.During PTM teachers do not come down and discuss with parents.
9.If the principal is well aware of CBSE curriculum , the teachers cannot refuse to send the answer papers home.CBSE insists that
the parents need to be taken to confidence and regular meetings with parents are a must where the academic progress of thestudents with their parents .
- Moreover, formative tests according to CBSE must be of different formats so that students capability need not be tested only on the basis of written tests.The school conducts re-tests after, re-tests which make the students laidback.
- The school so far has not clearly enunciated its break up of formatives which is against CBSE rules.
10.The coordiantor never responds to querries, for that matter hardly comes to meet the parents.
11. However, he walks into the principal"s room without knocking when parents are discussing with her.
12.We often get to know from our children that PPTs are shown even for subjects like geography which are technical in nature.This is
not followed by explanation. If students ask questions the teachers ask the students to copy from the PPT without proper explanation.
13. I have found several ambiguously worded question in my son's paper.
14.The life skill teacher who hardly takes one class per week assess the student's co-scholastic achievements!!!
15.The way the life skill teacher and the coordinator threatens children is one of the reasons that a few parents have like us have decided to pull our children out of the school .
If you have already admitted then keep your fingers crossed and be prepared to counter these problems.