I am creating this thread for the benefit of all parents who are seeking to admit their children to Class 1 next year. I did not find a similar thread - if one exists, please let me now.
Please post news / information regarding date of handing out of admission forms at the various reputed schools in Hyderabad, in this thread.
Also, please introduce yourself briefly. I am the parent of a daughter who is now studying in UKG in a playschool. I had consciously taken the decision to admit her to a regular school only in Class 1 so that she could find the transition to a big school to be easier.
As a starter, admission forms were given out at Sanghamitra school (Nizampet) in July, but only for UKG and lower classes. Forms for higher classes will be given out, based on availability, in April 2014.
I am father of a son who is now in UKG in playschool. We both are in same boat of searching for good schools for admission in 2014-15. Hope we get details from other parents on this thread. I will keep updating the thread with details what ever I get. I am looking around the school around Miyapur, Kondapur, Chandanagar, Kothaguda, Nizampet areas.
Thanks for following this thread, and for the intro.
Apparently DPS Hyderabad (i.e. Gachibowli) will announce the dates for distribution of forms towards the end of September. Actual disribution will take place in December.
Here are their contact details:
First of all, thanks to AVK for starting this thread !!!
I have a daughter who is in UKG in a pre school and want to joni her in 1st class.
But my daughter DOB is in July 2009 which means she will not complete five and half years by 1st June 1014 ( Which seems to be the age criteria for most of the schools).
I am trying to find a school which can admit her into 1st class.
Or is it better to join her again in UKG ( Or keep her in pre school itself ) for another year ?
PS: Is there a place where we can see the age criteria of all schools at one place?
My own daughter is Aug, 2008 born, so almost one year older than your daughter, and she will be joining Class 1 in June, 2014.
I see there have been several discussions earlier on this subject, please search this forum with the keywords "age for admission".
I believe the age requirements have been prescribed by NCERT / CBSE, so while some schools may be willing to relax by a month or two, there could be problems from the CBSE / ICSE Boards at the time of writing the Class X exam. If SSC, I think there will be no problems - can someone confirm?
We are likey to move to Hyderabad in 2 months from Chennai. My daughter in Grade I in one of the best schools in chennai. she got into it from alumini quota.
Based on the other discussion threads and my surevy on internet, We shortlisted Geetanjali, HPS, Bhavans(JH), JHPS. We felt these school suit our needs/budget. We are not really looking for international schools as our budget is <=70k per annum.
just wanted to know how easy/difficult to get into these in the middle of the academic year!! If not middle, We can wait till she finishes her Grade I here and then move to Hyd, which come under 2014-15 academic year..But looking for an advise as how to approach these schools. We don't have any alumi/ any other quota/recommendations.
@Oggy - Your best approach would be to approach the schools directly and see if they have any vacancies at this time. Guess it is a matter of luck. All the best.
Thanks for starting this thread. I am looking for feedback to join my son in 1st class in 2014-15. I stay near Moulaali.So please advice when the admission process starts for schools near moulalai(DAV Safilguda,CAL public school)
Thanks you so much AVK for the very quick response.
Here are some more questions.
1. What are the other schools in Hyd which fall into this category of Geetanjali,HPS,JHPS,Bhavans(JH)
2. Please advise me the schools where they don't insist on roat memory too much and lay a strong foundation to the children with excellent language/communication skills
3. My son will be eligible for LKG for 2014-15 academic year(He completes 3 by Feb 2014), so planning to put my daughter and son in the same schools.
4. We prefer to stay near hitec city/JH/Kondapur based on the school we put them. so advise me the schools in & around these areas.
Here's some info on schools. This is based on the internet survey. not sure whether it is accurate though!School Name Affiliation Address Phone Approximate Fee Review Bharatiya Vidya Bhavans CBSE Road Number 45, Masthan Nagar, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, AP 500033 040 6455 6630 25K - 50k per annum Good Jublihills Public School CBSE MLA Colony, Journalist Colony, Hyderabad, AP 25k Per annum Good Geetanjali ICSE Mayur Marg, Begumpet, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, 500016, Mayur Marg, Begumpet, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh 500016 040 2776 8420 25K per annum Good Chirec Public School CBSE 1-55/12, Kothaguda, Kondapur, Near Hi-tech City, Botanical Garden Road, Hyderabad 500084
I cannot claim to be an expert, however, this is what I think:
1) There are about 25 schools (ICSE and CBSE) which fall into the category of "elite" schools. Discussion on this forum is usually limited to these schools. Most of the schools you have listed in your internet survey message fall into this category. A few which you may have missed: HPS, DPS (two branches), Oakridge, Obul Reddy, Silver Oaks, Sanghamitra, Manthan, Sreenidhi, Maharishi Vidya Mandir, Meridian (3 branches). There could be other hidden jewels which noone talks about.
2) I personally don't think the standard of teaching in Hyderabad is great in any school. Even in Gitanjali School, academically rated to be one of the top schools, there is high teacher turnover and kids have to study plenty on their own.
3) In the Kondapur / HiTech area, the main schools would be Chirec, Meridian, Maharishi Vidya Mandir, Manthan. If you are willing to go a bit further to Gachibowli, DPS and Oakridge come into play. In JH, the reputed schools are JHPS, BVB, Obul Reddy.
I have joined as a new member. My kid is studying in UKG and am looking for 1st class admission. I am interested in activity based schools.
Any views on Kendriya Vidyala Gachibowli and Obul Reddy.
Thank you so much AVK! Shall keep you posted further.
Thanks for starting this thread. I am just going through the schools for academic year 2014-2015 for LKG for my Kid. I stay @ chand nagar. I am looking for the schools around miyapur. Prefered : CBSE, Montessori
DAV, Miyapur : When will be the addmission process will be started for DAV?
and even for Maharishi Vidya Mandir, Kondapur?
How is Sentia, Miyapur
Also How is Genesis
I have joined as a new member can any one please suggest me good schools around pragati nagar, kukatpally
we have lot of doubts can any one please clarify
my son will be 3 yrs 3 months by june 2014 for his lkg(dob 18-03-2011)will his age be any problem for admission
what is the exact age we can join in lkg which schools have age flexibility limits
which is better state syllabus cbse or icse
is it true that in hyd if once admitted in a school it is hard to change regarding high admission fees
can u suggest good schools near kukatpally
when will be the admission procedure start
we r looking for a school which don't over stress my kid to study
should take care about education with values
and also should have some extra curricular activities for them
All Rights Reserved Copyright © 2008-2019 Parentree