I am planning to admit my kid @ phoenix greens Gachibowlli. Any parent, who has their kid already studying in this school, pls give me some feedback.
Also, it would be a great help, if you can give me feedback on Chirec and DPS.
You could check out the below link for seeing PG's review.
i would also like to know on the same please??
Did you happen to visit PG? If yes, what is your first impression about this school?
I have not moved to hyderabad yet. I am planning to go and visit all the schools in the 2nd week of Jan.
I have seen the phoenix website. Have you seen any of these schools in person?? I will update as soon as I see the same.
It seems the hunt is never gonna end......please let me know about Phenix Greens....the campus at Kokapet seems really impressive in their webdite!!!
U guys not thinking about JAIN HERITAGE??
ohhh.. Don't introduce new dimensions. based on the research of the last two weeks, the following are the shortlists:
- Oakridge - sounds awesome. Fees very high. Need to decide, if its worth it.
- Sanskriti - Good website. BUT the counsellor has moved in her new job 2 months back. Some very shocking reviews on net.
- Future kids - Seems to be perfect. ICSE board and all. Decent campus but school is completely shut for the last one week. and some people are saying it not good enough anymore. Its kinda gone down from what it was? Need to check up in person.
- Phoenix greens - all seems good, close to gachibowli. Has the ex principal of oakridge, nancy mam. Its a new school, has corporate tie ups and is willing to spend time and effort for kids. Needs to be checked in person.
- DPS - Seems to be a normal, our age school. Come and get taught and leave. Everyone is an employee. I visited the campus, there is no 'heart' in the school (if u know what i mean)
- Glendale's - Amazing Campus. Good facilities . No clue about teachers, but 18 kms from gachibowli. surely NOT worth the travel.
I believe that the most important component for any school is breathing space for kids, physically and mentally and equally competent peers. Kids learn more from each other that teachers and hence I feel that all of of us who have similar criterion should put our kids in similar school and then may be we will be able to mould the school into things that we all believe in.
Respect for others, compassion in heart, an active questioning mind and a school ground where you can run till you can hear your heart beat in your ears, Classrooms with space and happy teachers who like their jobs.
I guess its too much to ask for.
Here are my opinions about the schools that I hunted
1. Oakridge - Very expensive and not very responsive. When I asked them for justifying the fees for Prep 1 - I got no response.
2. Phoenix greens - I happened to visit only prep campus. Loved the campus and teachers. This school sounds more promising for my little one. I could see a mix of both good education and extra caricular in this school. Nancy mam, bet me to take any book from the prep 1 class and asked me to check for good hand writing. I am really impressed with that confidence. They also seems to give importance to extra caricullar and promised for a stage event every 3 months. I am more close to admit my kid into PG.
3. Jain Heritage - I visited Jain heritage almost 6 months back and I did not like the teachers. They were name sake explining about their school and were really not loving their profession.
4. Manthan - They initially said they accept applications till last saturday, when I went, they said, you can apply but you will not get as the queue is long and it is purely management decision. I really dont understand what they mean here, WHY would someone apply (paying 500) when the process is not transparent. What do they mean by management decision???
5. CHIREC - Yet to face. I happen to hear from my friends that, they give importance to extra caricular over the actual caricullum. I am not sure, how this can fit Indian education system.
6. Meridian - They are ready to accept, if we can pay their 2L fees. Though I happened to speak to 2-3 teachers there, all seems to converse in Telugu and even before introducing the school, they showed me the fee structure, which I did not like.
7. DPS - Yet to face..
The above are solely my opinion after visiting the schools, it might vary from others opinion.
Others, please share your thoughts/ Feedback...
I totally agree with your perspective and found my own thoughts echoed . So which school did you finally decide?
And more importantly how are you liking it?
My kid is studying in phoenix greens and until recently I was satisfied (not strongly satisfied) with affordable fee structure and quality of education. Quality of education is good though not great. Academic directors for Prep campus and primary schooling are good administrators but very poor listeners and giving feedback to them for improvisation in general is a waste of time.
Recently, they have announced fees for 1st class students for upcoming academic year i.e. 2016-2017 and their "affordable" fee structure has gone for a toss. Here's a copy of my post from the other Group......
The fee structure was "affordable" (as marketed by the school) till PP2. The current tuition fee for PP2 students is in the range of 70-76k. But, in the upcoming academic year i.e. April 2016-2017 there's a massive increase in tuition fee for 1st class and the existing students i.e. those who are studying in PP2 currently need to shell out One lakh five Thousand (105k) as tuition fee. This is an increase of ~50% for someone who is going to transition from PP2 to 1st class. If a child is going to be a new joinee in 1st class next year, their parents need to pay ~115k per annum as tuition fee alone.
Transport fee (optional) is based on distance and ranges from 8k-13k per term (1 term = 4 months), so for 3 terms i.e. per annum, the transportation fee is between 24k-36K.
Food (optional) 18000 per annum.
So, from next year for 1st class students the fee structure is:
Tuition fee + Transportation fee range per annum is: 129k -151k.
Tuition fee + Transportation + Food fee range per annum is: 147k - 169k.
I doubt if we can call this fee structure affordable as marketed/advertised by school. So, parents beware from next academic year the fee structure is changing and it's becoming at par with schools like Chirec.
My kid is studying in Prep2 in gachibowli phoenix greens. Our experience with Phoenix green has been wonderful.
My Kid is v hyperactive and a li'l cranky. Before joining phoenix greens he went to esperanza where he never used to sit at one place So it took him a long time to get used to adjust to class room environment and focusing in the class. Teachers have been very co-operative through this time. Would like to make special mention of Kakoli and Divya. Their feedback and suggestions helped us in improving my kids academics and behavior as well. Nancy mam's suggestions and experience helped us a lot.
1. Good faculty with lot of patience
2. they have a very good curriculum and activities to improve kids overall development
3. Decent campus in gachibowli. The kokapet campus is huge with a very good play ground for tennis and football, auditorium, their own kitchen, separate rooms for arts and crafts
4. They have a counsellor who can guide us in dealing with kids, if required
5. Monthly PTM's and field trips. I'm very glad with the choice of their field trips. They teach the kids about the place before the field trips, so its easy for the kids to correlate.
We assume that the same continues and improves in the kokapet campus as well.
1. They have increased the fee structure by 25% for the first grade against approx.10% as promised during admission. If this continues, fee will become unaffordable going forward. This is the major drawback of the school.
2. Management should be receptive towards parents concerns.
3. UOLO app that they introduced recently for communicating with parents is not so good. However, they are working on improving it and use diary as alternate means of communication.
My kid has improved a lot in this one and half year. He likes his teachers a lot and enjoys going to school.Not just my kid, but even we have improved as parents with their valuable suggestions.
Hope this feedback helps.
All Rights Reserved Copyright © 2008-2018 Parentree