I am at Chennai, I am planning to join my kid to school. I am confused with the curriculum, which is better CBSE or IGCEC (Cambridge syllabus) also suggest me the best schools for these two streams.
It will be a great help to me if you could could give me some light into it. I am totally confused, i know that CBSE is overall accepted in India and well spread, but the upcoming IGCSE is kind of attractive and the way the knowledge is transferred is more life skill learning oriented. Your input will help me a long way, please suggest.
You can research about IGCSE on the net. I found the below article to be useful.
There are a few schools in Chennai: http://www.eduvidya.com/IGCSE-Schools-in-Chennai
You can search other forums in Parentree as well.
In recent years, every student is busy with project works. Due to lack of well qualified and well experienced teachers in private schools, students are facing heavy pressure from teachers and parents. Here, we have to observe three things.
1. Parents think that PRIVATE SCHOOLS are BETTER THAN GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS AND EXPECT HIGH STANDARD OF EDUCATION FOR THEIR CHILDREN IN PRIVATE SCHOOLS, but do not know that there are very few schools are giving good education.
2. Teachers give huge home work to students because parents are paying so much amounts towards fee.
3. Students said that they are tired with PROJECTS WORKS and are unable to read anything at home.
4. BOTH PARENTS AND TEACHERS PRESSURIZING STUDENTS AS A RESULT STUDENTS HEALTH IS SPOILING AND THEY ARE FACING SEVERE HEALTH PROBLEMS AT THEIR TENDER AGE.
5. MY ADVISE TO PARENTS IS PLEASE DO NOT THINK THAT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS WILL GIVE GOOD EDUCATION. WE UNDERSTAND FROM MANY NEWSPAPERS THAT STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED WITH DRUGS IN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS.
I REQUEST PARENTS TO TAKE ADMISSION IN STATE SYLLABUS ONLY. PL DON'T PRESSURIZE YOUR CHILDREN. PL SAVE THEIR HEALTH AND MAKE THEM GOOD CITIZENS AND LIVE LONG WITH GOOD HEALTH.
IGCSE curriculum is better than CBSE, I feel. But you also have to look at the implementation at the school.
Many schools offer IGCSE syllabus to get more money, but the teachers are not trained to handle the new methodology. The schools fail majorly in this and you will end up spending lakhs of rupees for NOTHING. The schools also might keep the parents away from active involvement in their kid's education, saying this is how IGCSE works with out themselves knowing anything abt it.
The students also might develop a false pride of going to an international school and become head strong. Unless you know a VERY good school offering IGCSE, best would be go with CBSE where the kids and their education will be understandable to us.
IGCSE costs huge amounts. Exam fees itself is around 50K.