please share yr recipe of salad dressing..we love pasta-veggies salads and i want to learn homemade dressings. the dressing i make gets too thin and my hubby doesnt like it so much..i dont know the exact measurements, i guess.
thanks in advance
Simple dressings for vege salads:
olive oil (little)
lemon juice and/or balsamic vinegar
salt,pepper, sugar to taste
toasted sesame seeds (optional) gives a asian/chinese twist
Use different vege combos based on what you have.
You can eave use slightly steamed or tender green beans, carrots etc.
I sometimes just add a little soy sauce, sugar, sesame seeds and perhaps a little lemon juice. maybe little salt as well. Gives a oriental feel. For example with slightly steamed green beans and onions cut well and just pour this. or even cucumber slices with little onions...
You can make more dressing and keep in fridge. Do not need to drench it in the whole salad. Sorry do not know the proportions. I just wing it.
4) Pasta salad dressing
- Olive oil (extra virigin preferably)
- lemon juice/balsamic vingegar
- italian herbs (dry or better fresh chopped basil or even coriander)
- salt/pepper/sugar to taste
- In the pasta salad, add olives, parmesan cheese (i like lots)...
- sprinkle garlic powder to taste or garlic salt
- Sometimes if it still feels dry and bland I add some yogurt to it as well.
- Some veges I choose from are onions, red and yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes cut in half, slightly steamed broccoli,
- Mix well
- Do leave it for a few hours if possible to soak in the flavours. It will become less watery. Just leave in fridge. perhaps you can microwave just a little before serving to make it softer.
- Choose the spiral pasta or elbow macaranoni shaped pasta shapes if possible. they go well. there are the mutli coloured spiral pasta (red and green) that go well as well.
5) You can buy the ready made italian dressing as well. I do this many times.
6) I sometimes Indianize. No basil but coriander and even green chillies (the ones that are not too hot--the bhajjiya ones for flavour)
wow..thanks gita..thats very sweet of u to give me yr recipes..thanks a lot
Wondering where you get your Parmesan Cheese from. All I find in the stores of Bangalore is Processed Cheddar cheese.
Mostly get from the U.S. The slab of parmesan cheese or the trader joes pamesan powdered cheese.
But namdharis, spars, thoms, infinitea (you can buy from these), olive restaurant etc. might sell...
mridula, i guess spar has the best collection of cheese..parmesan is available there..gita, do u add cream to yr salad dressing?
Ahh, cream might be good for kids.
But I sometimes add a little yogurt/curds.
Thats great Gita to get your Parmesan all the way from Trader Joes. I loved that store. :-)
Thanks Aanchal. I frequent Spar but stopped looking for it.
Will get it next time I go to Spar or Namdhari's .
All Rights Reserved Copyright © 2008-2019 Parentree