My little ones attended the Hippocampus Bangalore (kids librarary and activity center) Saturday morning activity last weekend. They were featuring some recipes and one of them was Arabian Sandwich.
Sandwich bread - 2 slices
Dates (De-seeded) - 4-6 pieces
Butter- 1 tablespoon
Groundnuts or almonds or pista (roasted and semi-ground) - 1 teaspoon
1. Grind the dates in the small jar for about 20 seconds.
2. Add butter and grind again for 10 seconds.
3. Now take the paste from the jar and spread evenly on 2 slices of bread.
4. Sprinkle groundhuts or pista or almonds on one of the slices
5. Finally place the 2 slices of bread and the sandwich is ready to eat!!
My kids enjoyed eating it during the demo. I have not tried it yet. But find it interesting and good variety for these little ones. Nutriitious and easy. As breakfast, snack or perhaps a light meal along with some fruit for those light days.
Some twists I would do with this recipe:
1) Use whole wheat bread of course
2) Sometimes but the nuts in the butter--make nut butter and put small pieces of dates or even figs in the sandwich.
Will be trying with the kids one of these days. Have the print out of the recipe and will have the little one read it out to me.
sounds cool...will try it out :) thnx for sharing..
I love it. My son is very interested in making cooking easy stuff like the above. Thanks for sharing.
thanks for sharing.
I tried chapati roll from ur recipe. apply peanut butter(crunchy) on phulka(chapati), then spread date syrup. Roll the pkulaka.
All Rights Reserved Copyright © 2008-2019 Parentree