Hi, please let me know if you have any informations on the admissions. I am looking for PP2 admission in and around shollinganallur.
Iam looking for cbse school in medavakkam or mambakkam.. Pls suggest any info
Hi laminaramuk, sreenathk & ramya2020,
Iam reposting a review I had posted last year for your benefits, I have added my comments about online learning during pandemic to my original text -
Here is a list of schools in order of preference and my reviews, I evaluated them when I moved here a few years back. Please do not take my reviews at face value, do visit each school, put in the extra effort and do the research for your child.
1. Babaji Vidhyashram Senior Secondary - CBSE Affiliated - Air-conditioned with playground - This school was the the top pick as it met all my requirements such as good track record, good English speaking staff, modern curriculum, reasonable fee with value for money, large playground, hygienic toilets, pollution free location etc., I found getting admission here is tough but they have a very transparent process.
This school has been having complete online classes all through Corona, with no break in the learning.
2. PSBB Millenium (near DLF) - CBSE Affiliated - Non A/C with playground - This school was my second option, it met most of my requirements such as good functional systems, good track record, medium sized playground, value for money fee etc., It did not meet my expectations on hygienic toilets, pollution free location etc., I found getting admission here is tough but their process is not transparent OR friendly. This school initially struggled with online classes but has stabilised recently.
3. Ramana Vidyalaya - CBSE Affiliated - Non A/C with playground - This school was not in my list but I visited to evaluate. English speaking staff quality was average, no. of children in the classroom was high, some parents told me hygiene was a problem. I decided not to pursue admission. This school has not been able to transition to online teaching effectively till now.
4. Sacred Heart - Not affiliated - Non A/C No proper teachers, the school seems to confuse between matriculation & CBSE, English is a major problem, hygiene is a problem. No online learning effectively.
5. Barathi Vidyalaya - CBSE affiliated - Non A/C without playground - It is one of the oldest schools in this locality, however the curriculum and methodology is not up to date, when I visited I found that hygiene in the toilets is a major problem. English was a problem. No online learning effectively
6. Narayana & Chaitanya - Non A/C without playground, affiliated - These schools are the least preferred in my list of reviews. They have no play facility and in this day and age pressurize students and parents like anything with very old style of teaching. Teachers are very poorly qualified and English is non existent. The funny part was that the fee changes from parent to parent and they quoted different figures when I spoke to them on two different occasions. No effective online learning.
7. St. Johns , Velammal - Both the schools seem to be under financial stress. Several teachers have quit it seems. No effective online learning.
Once again, please do your own research and do visit each school by yourself. Both my children study in Babaji Vidhyashram for the past 5 years.
Hi papabear, thanks for the valuable info. Im looking for good cbse schools for my daughter who is 2 yrs old now. Need your suggestions and inputs mainly about babaji vidhyashram whether to put her in prekg or straight lkg. We are residing in Nanmangalam. Can we get a seat there in babaji? Can i get your mobile number to discuss these?
my child is studying in Amethyst International School. You can contact them
you can check out Amethyst International School. They are have a good quality teachers and fees is also nominal