Welcome to OMR, there are several parents on this forum who have newly shifted to this locality.
Here is a list of schools in order of preference and my reviews, I evaluated them when I moved here a few years back. Please do not take my reviews at face value, do visit each school, put in the extra effort and do the research for your child -
1. Babaji Vidhyashram Senior Secondary - CBSE Affiliated - Air-conditioned with playground - This school was the the top pick as it met all my requirements such as good track record, good English speaking staff, modern curriculum, reasonable fee with value for money, large playground, hygienic toilets, pollution free location etc., I found getting admission here is tough but they have a very transparent process.
2. PSBB Millenium (near DLF) - CBSE Affiliated - Non A/C with playground - This school was my second option, it met most of my requirements such as good functional systems, good track record, medium sized playground, value for money fee etc., It did not meet my expectations on hygienic toilets, pollution free location etc., I found getting admission here is tough but their process is not transparent OR friendly.
3. Ramana Vidyalaya - CBSE Affiliated - Non A/C with playground - This school was not in my list but I visited to evaluate. English speaking staff quality was average, no. of children in the classroom was high, some parents told me hygiene was a problem. I decided not to pursue admission.
4. Sacred Heart - Not affiliated - Non A/C No proper teachers, the school seems to confuse between matriculation & CBSE, English is a major problem, hygiene is a problem.
5. Barathi Vidyalaya - CBSE affiliated - Non A/C without playground - It is one of the oldest schools in this locality, however the curriculum and methodology is not upto date, when I visited I found that hygiene in the toilets is a major problem. English was a problem.
6. Narayana & Chaitanya - Non A/C without playground, affiliated - These schools are the least preferred in my list of reviews. They have no play facility and in this day and age pressurize students and parents like anything with very old style of teaching. Teachers are very poorly qualified and English is non existent. The funny part was that the fee changes from parent to parent and they quoted different figures when I spoke to them on two different occasions.
Once again, please do your own research and do visit each school by yourself. Both my children study in Babaji Vidhyashram for the past 4 years.
Thank you PB for your insightful analysis and suggestion :) I have sent you a friend invite.
By any chance you know about Mount Litera (Thalambur) or SBIOA (Mambakkam) or Pon Vidyashram (Injambakkam)?
Accepted your friend invite, Mount Litera - apartment converted into school, very poor infra & teachers, SBOA mambakkam - good school but just setting up, in my opinion it will take a few years for the school to stabilize and too far from Sholinganallur junction for me, Pon Vidhyashram - heard that they are in financial trouble and the school was sold recently, as such when I visited 2 years back the quality was very bad.
Thank you again for taking time for responding PB :)
Is it possible to get admission directly for LKG in Babaji Vidhyashram or it is difficult and better to enroll in Pre-KG itself? The reason is I am planning to send the kid to Pre-KG (2020-21) to any nearby school (To avoid longer transport in PreKG) and admit LKG (2021-22) in Babaji or any other good school. Would there be any difficulties in getting admission as above?