Hello @Karthiksekar02 even i am looking for pregk admission and staying in perungudi. Let me know if you got any information
tcvp & Karthiksekar02,
I did extensive research for both my children and I posted the review in another thread. I have re-posted the same below.
Here is a list of schools in order of preference and my reviews, I evaluated them when I moved here a few years back. Please do not take my reviews at face value, do visit each school, put in the extra effort and do the research for your child -
1. Babaji Vidhyashram Senior Secondary - CBSE Affiliated - Air-conditioned with playground - This school was the the top pick as it met all my requirements such as good track record, good English speaking staff, modern curriculum, reasonable fee with value for money, large playground, hygienic toilets, pollution free location etc., I found getting admission here is tough but they have a very transparent process.
2. PSBB Millenium (near DLF) - CBSE Affiliated - Non A/C with playground - This school was my second option, it met most of my requirements such as good functional systems, good track record, medium sized playground, value for money fee etc., It did not meet my expectations on hygienic toilets, pollution free location etc., I found getting admission here is tough but their process is not transparent OR friendly.
3. Ramana Vidyalaya - CBSE Affiliated - Non A/C with playground - This school was not in my list but I visited to evaluate. English speaking staff quality was average, no. of children in the classroom was high, some parents told me hygiene was a problem. I decided not to pursue admission.
4. Sacred Heart - Not affiliated - Non A/C No proper teachers, the school seems to confuse between matriculation & CBSE, English is a major problem, hygiene is a problem.
5. Barathi Vidyalaya - CBSE affiliated - Non A/C without playground - It is one of the oldest schools in this locality, however the curriculum and methodology is not up to date, when I visited I found that hygiene in the toilets is a major problem. English was a problem.
6. Narayana & Chaitanya - Non A/C without playground, affiliated - These schools are the least preferred in my list of reviews. They have no play facility and in this day and age pressurize students and parents like anything with very old style of teaching. Teachers are very poorly qualified and English is non existent. The funny part was that the fee changes from parent to parent and they quoted different figures when I spoke to them on two different occasions.
Once again, please do your own research and do visit each school by yourself. Both my children study in Babaji Vidhyashram for the past 4 years.
W.r.t Velachery schools, I have not come across schools that are unique and focused on skills, found lots of schools that are heavily focused on books but that was not what I was looking for.
Thank you @papabear. Can you please let me know prekg fee structure for Babaji Vidhyashram?