Here is a review I posted some time back on Parentree about Schools in and around OMR -
There are several good schools in and around Sholinganallur. I have listed them in order of my preference, you can easily visit each school and evaluate -
1. Babaji Vidhyashram - A/C - reasonable fees - CBSE affiliated with playground
2. PSBB Millenium - Non A/C - reasonable fees - CBSE affiliated with playground, toilets not hygienic
3. NPS - A/C - High range fees - ICSE affifliated without playground
4. Velammal - A/C - medium to high range fees - not affiliated, no playground for now, factory approach to education
5. Narayana & Chaitanya - A/C - high fees - fully commercial, no playground
6. St.Johns Public School - Non A/C - medium to high fees CBSE Affiliated with playground
7. Ramana Vidyalaya - Non A/C - very reasonable fees - CBSE Affiliated with small play area - English is a major problem in this school
8.Sacred Heart - Non A/C - reasonable fees - They are just trying to convert from State board to CBSE - English is a problem, they have state board mindset in teaching methodology which is a problem.
9. Barathi Vidyala - Non A/C reasonable fees - CBSE affiliated one of the oldest schools in this locality but teaching quality is slightly better than state board.
I found that it is tough getting admission in Babaji & PSBB however both are very good. Both my children study at Babaji.
All the best in your quest.
I was also looking for admissions in medavakkam. Thanks for info
I won't suggest Sri Chaitanya techno school in perumbakkam. There recently protest went for increase in school fees without any intimation to parents. That too after protest, media and police came, they have told to only give Rs. 2,000 as discount. There is also a statement from Management "We have all rights to increase fees. Annually there will be 5% hike in fee structure".
Lack of humanity. No playground. Lack of giving respect to parents. Only money making business in the name of education.
Hi , I am looking for matriculation schools in medavakkam .Kindly suggest.