Can anyone suggest me good sources for good story books, rhymes CDs (dora series in english,etc etc..)or any downloads and other related stuffs for a 3 year old girl in chennai... also in net...
u can visit buzzers.org for stories&rhymes cds.u can buy it thro online also
I personally like the channel Cbeebees. Good educational and entertainment channel for toddlers.
Rhyme CDs- check out "Rhymetime in Toyland". It is available in Landmark.
Sorry was too quick to post !
The best so far for Nursery Rhymes: Countdown Kids
You can pick up all 3 CD's and will be every penny worth.
If you find them too expensive let me know and I will tell you the songs that are really worth picking up for your little one. I have seen schoold here (US) use it and my toddler has been listening to this everyday ever since he was born and has not outgrown it! The other day I just turned around to find him singing a song boisterously with action and trying to whistle when the music portion was playing. It was too cute. It has children singing rather than adults and hence the kids love it.
Ideal place would be to go to Barnes & Noble online and they have story time every Tuesdays and Fridays. They specify teh books that will be read for story-time and those are good starting point.
Other than that the ones that are all time hits : Eric Carle's (start with The very Hungry Caterpillar) , Sandra Boynton, Jan Barett, Eric Hill, Jules Feiffer (Bark George Bark) and Margaret Wise Brown (Big Red Barn)...These are all approved 'scholastically' too and carry a lot of educational value even while making reading fun (both for the reader and the child).
thanks Aneetha,NJ, Rose for ur valuable replies.
Rose... can u suggest me the specific rhymes which are suitable for my 3 year old kid from itunes.apple.com..
Last night I missed out a good author : Eric Hill (where is spot) which your daughter will enjoy at this age. It is a lift-a-flap book series and is a great hit with kids that age (simple to read).
On music , the CD I've recommended is Countdown Kids. I have graded the songs by level and put an 'x' against some (those that are not needed). Your daughter would be level 1.
Name Level Old MacDonald Had a Farm 3 I'm H-A-P-P-Y 1 This Little Pig 2 Jack and Jill 1 Here We Go 'Round the Mulberry Bush 1 Frère Jacques 3 Had a Little Rooster 2 The Wheels On the Bus Go Round and Round 1 Bingo 1 A Tisket, a Tasket 1 Baa-Baa Black Sheep 1 Six Little Ducks 1 Polly Put the Kettle On 1 Pat-A-Cake, Pat-A-Cake 1 Polly Wolly Doodle 1 Little Miss Muffet 1 Little Bo Peep 1 Looby Loo 1 Pop Goes the Weasel 2 The Itsy Bitsy Spider 1 Skip to My Lou 1 The Farmer In the Dell 1 Apples and Bananas 1 Do Your Ears Hang Low? 3 The Green Grass Grew All Around 1 The Little Skunk's Hole 1 Five Little Monkeys 1 Row, Row, Row Your Boat 1 She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain 2 The Yellow Rose of Texas 3 Mules 2 Daisy, Daisy (Bicycle Built for Two) 2 Alice the Camel 2 Short'nin' Bread 2 Fiddle-Dee-Dee 2 Down By the Bay X Frog Went A-Courtin' X Old Chisholm Trail X O Susanna 3 Peas Pudding Hot 1 A Ram Sam Sam X I'm a Nut X Buffalo Gals X Shoo Fly X Roll Over (Six In the Bed) 1 Rig-a-Jig-Jig 2 Michael Finnigan 2 I Love the Mountains (Boom-Dee-Ah-Da) X I'm a Little Teapot 1 London Bridge Is Falling Down 1
U can check out
-Bruno Series ,Bubbles Series ,Pepper Series (Character Building Series)
- Books by Pratham
- Cambridge Bright Spark Series
- Read at home Series
Where can I buy Cambridge Bright Spark Series in Chennai?
You check in this address.I got this from their website
The Cambridge Centre
21/1 (New No.49), 1st floor
Model School Road
If you would like to access some on-line...a good web-site is:
you can watch some of them on-line with your 3 year old.
they are also on you tube.
I am reviving this thread only to add:
Strongly recommend Raffi (no not Mohd. Rafi) But singer Raffi for children's songs.
- Baby Beluga
- Six little ducks
- Shake your sillies
Are some of his evergreen ones.
For moms who are looking for easy reference point for nursery rhymes, I plan to resurrect this thread and hope it will come to good use.
Here's a reference point for:
Nursery rhymes and songs for toddlers that involve action.
Alongside each of the song name is a link to a video which helps given an idea of the action that goes with the song (I have mostly used youtube for reference).
To most songs there are several videos posted on the web some that have the visual part for the child to understand the song/nursery rhyme, some have actions for children to enact along with the song (but are not complete or appropriate), some have incorrect wordings and surprisingly quite a few that are not fit to be played in front of toddlers.
1. A Ram Sam Sam : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkynp_DsIbc
2. Five fat peas in a pea pod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAKlcDNxPI4
3. Five Little Ducks went out one day:
4. Five Little Monkeys swinging in a tree: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkEa5BUyeVc&playnext=1&list=PL0D362D193602F9C7
5. Head, Shoulders, Knees and toes:
6. Hickory Dickory Dock: (For reference on actions)
7. Hokey pokey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9vEcesi3H8
8. I'm a Little Teapot : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ddrXdlQ8eQ&NR=1
9. If you are happy and you know it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQhitOzHCtA&feature=related
10. Little Jack Horner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJW5-oCeMvc
11. One two buckle my shoe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJUi2IP1ElA&feature=related
12. One potato Two Potato:
13. Pat-A-Cake, Pat-A-Cake : Still looking to see if I can find an appropriate video to convey the actions with it.
14. Roll Over (Six / ten In the bed) :
15. Row, Row, Row Your Boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k50nwLbnDe8&feature=related
16. Shake your sillies off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eCTfxN1evw&feature=related
17. Six Little Ducks that I once knew (just for action):
18. Teddy Bear, teddy bear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZnzMIwe_gE&feature=channel
19. The grand ol’ Duke of York (not the best for actions, but will do): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSVJjIxNuSI
20. Twinke Twinkle little star (not the best but will do for ‘diamond’):
21. The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Incy wincey spider here in the video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQZNBkdxCMY&feature=related
22. The Wheels On the Bus Go Round and Round :
23. When you are happy and you know it (has the action for ‘face will surely show it’): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmCEQVcNp4s
24. Where is thumbkin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wApZSRoUqtM
Chicken Dance: (correct actions for the chicken dance)
Chicken dance (techno) Just for viewing:
Open shut them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M55R32lQvLg
Thanks a ton roses..I was just looking for songs with action as my 2 year old girl is happy copying whats coming on the screen these days..
Glad it is of help. Hopefully I should be able to soon get the information on nursery rhymes and songs (with reference pts) by age grps together to post here too.
All Rights Reserved Copyright © 2008-2021 Parentree