We decided not to admit our kids in MVM Polachery. My observations
of the schoold when we were present for the entrance test -
1. The reception of parents for submission of application was not well organized. Though there was no long queue, there was confusion as to where to submit the form and whom to approach. The teachers / staff present did not immediately respond and seemed very pre-occupied with their work.
2. Met many parents â€" both new and existing ( existing parents had come to collect their kids in the evening). Existing parents gave mixed reviews â€" gist of it was the school is â€˜O.K.â€™. Some stated that the work given was very heavy. Not much strength in the higher classes â€" to be expected from any start up school in the initial years.
3. One old man and a young lady were standing with a child for a very long time. They did not seem very educated. Ultimately, they were turned away stating that their application was not with the office staff â€" however it was their contention that the application had been submitted and they were waiting for the call for test. The way the staff handled them and turned them away without courtesy was pathetic.
4. Heard one staff shouting loudly into the phone to refuse TC to an existing parent â€" she stated that she could not give TC when original TC had not been submitted to the school at the time of admission of the child. If the child has been studying in the school for some time, how can the staff refuse TC? Even if they are correct, shouting into the phone rudely in public does not solve the issue.
5. The teachers we met did not speak good English â€" with the exception of the science teacher. With English as the language of communication every where and also for understanding subjects in an English medium school, good language would go a long way in helping the students do well. It has been my personal experience that bad English, even in subjects such as science or social, can throw a child off track in understanding the subject. As another parent has correctly mentioned, it is better not to learn a language rather than unlearn bad grammar.
6. We were not allowed to meet the Principal though we mentioned that we were from outstation.
7. Laboratory facilities seemed at the minimum â€" single room for all the sciences â€" we could not see any instruments or other facilities â€" assumed that the same was under lock and key. More rooms might be added in the years to come.
8. Library was sparsely furnished â€" not sufficient number of books for the enquiring mind â€" situation may improve over time.
9. Kids sailed through the written test and interview â€" but no communication received from the school until this week. We too chose to keep cool and not enquire since we were looking at other options.
Though it is stated to be a branch of MVM Chetpet, we understand that
they get support for syllabus and course content from Chetpet branch but the
ground operation is left to the Polachery management. FITJEE coaching is stated
to be integrated in the syllabus content itself. However, the question that remains with me is
â€œhow is this content being delivered to the child in the classroom?â€
I went through the postings here about MVM Polachery. I am a parent of this school. I am satisfied with the coaching given here. Every month some people from Chetpet school come here for inspection to check the academic performance of the school . ( This information was given to me by my kid). They are doing many activities based on the syllabus in all the subjects and for that grades are given. Science exhibition is conducted on Science day and all children exhibited their projects. According to my observation the teachers work for more hours even after the school time. If the child and the parent cooperates with the teachers it is a better place for any child to improve. All extra curricular activities such as music, dance, yoga, leap start (a part of P.T) , OSLA (Only success leadership academy) , Gymnastics, Karate are given importance here. Mainly Transcendental meditation is emphasized for all classes from Std III (which is the special feature of this school). I came to know from the school authorities that Chess and Robotics classes will also be included from next year onwards. Regarding language of teachers ,the parent might be speaking about the Language teacher. How can you expect the Tamil teacher to speak fluently in English? I know many teachers who are hard working and speak fluently in English. They are searching for talents in children. A Child is given all possible opportunity to exhibit his/her talent. Here IIT coaching class is conducted by Chaitanya Techno School , Andhra Pradesh from class Six. The fees charged for this class is minimum when compared to other schools. Even in the second year of its commencement a few children are selected to participate in the second level of Olympiad Exams.(IMO and NSO). This is a great achievement of the school. The school is organizing camps (Scouts and Guides) according to the age level of the child in any of its branch and children are encouraged to take part in that.This will improve the social behaviour of the child. They stay there for three days and learn many activities. After every term they ask for parents feed back and all their queries are considered . Also according to me the school Management is not money minded. No donation is collected from parents like other schools. The fees is nominal when compared to other schools which is affordable even by middle class parents.They focus on the all round development of the child which is very important in today's competitive world. Also the transport fee is nominal and it can be paid term wise which will reduce the burden of the parents. The safety of every child is taken care by the Management during transportation. I am very happy and proud to say that my child is studying in MVM.
Good to see a very
positive feedback from a parent of the school.
My earlier posting is my personal observations while visiting the school many times for admission - not as a parent of kids studying there.
observations of the language of teachers is not just of the language teacher - it is general. Of course for each point i have clearly mentioned that the school might improve with time - unfortunately i don't have that time since am on the lookout for hr sec classes and not kg.
In olympiads, where there are a minimum of 10 participants in a class, the first rank holder of the class is automatically selected for the second level of the exam.
An excellent point of observation was from an experienced parent of a school at Mylapore present at MVM Polachery (they had come to admit their relatives child to std. I)- Children are highly influenced by their peers - Where the peer group is very good, the children get carried on by the peer pressure to perform at their optimum - that's why certain well known schools go to great trouble in selecting the students for admission - this also makes the teachers' job easy and the schools can easily keep up their good name too year on year.
We are bit confused. both positive and negative views about same School. We are shifting from Hyderabad to Chennai. Our daughter is studying in MVM, Hyderabad and we wanted MVM in Chennai also. But in Chennai the MVM at Chetpet is diferent management and the corresponding MVM Hyderabad has branch in tirverkadu. So we propose to zero in on MVM Polacherry. May I know the following-
- Whether I standard admissions are still available
- Fee structure
- Transport charges, whether it is door to door pick up or nodal points
- any suggestion for residence if MVM polacherry provides us seat, any walkable residential aparments available for rent?
We are shifting to Chennai in June and my daughter will be joining MVM Polachery. Can anyone advice as to when the school will reopen and when can we get the books and things which were pending to be distributed for shortage of stock. Thanks.
Hello Skrs ,
I like to put my son next year (15-16) in 1st std. When the application form will be issued.?
All Rights Reserved Copyright © 2008-2019 Parentree