Community certificate - Chennai

24 replies, Page 1

MariS 2012-12-27 14:47:37



I am residing in sholinganallur chennai, could any one please let me know what is the process to get community certificate here?



Anthi 2012-12-27 21:28:05

Above form to be submitted in taluk/tasildar office it seems.

Hmm, Not sure what parents without ration card (like me) do for their kids.



MariS 2012-12-28 09:10:01


Thanks for your input Anthi. I have ration card now, will proceed to the taluk office and lets see how it goes.


preithig 2012-12-28 10:15:39


Does everyone needs to provide community certificate ??


Radss 2012-12-28 10:54:32


YEs preithi.. Community certificate is necessary for BC/MBC/SC ..etc...

FC and others there is no community certificate required ... but they shud be able to pay high capitation fees for engineering and doctor courses.

I got BC for my kid and in the schools itself they wil ask for the same.



Anthi 2012-12-28 11:20:09



If needed for school, from which class is this certificate needed?

I am assuming it is needed only when kids move to college studies.


Radss 2012-12-28 12:03:56


Hi anthi,

i have applied in chettinad and am BC as well. SO they asked for the CC mandatory. and also they said if you have said FC and Others now to avoid getting one for BC and if u have plans to get later.. they were very clear tat they wil not change the Comm in future. Thats why i got one for ma kid.



 Former member 2012-12-28 12:17:56


Hi Anthi,

For my daughter joined in play school in Omega, for that itself they asked to submit a copy of community certificate..




MariS 2012-12-28 12:58:19


I am done with that process. Today morning went to Sholinganallur Taluk office and got application there itself and it cost Rs.25 and then that guy itself filled it and then he asked to a signature in the form from the office inside the taluk office.

Then went to meet VAO and he filled some forms and then signed then proceeded to RI officer and then he also filled some forms and siged.

Finally got back to the taluk office and they received the application and gave me the token. They will issue the certificate by next Friday.

The most important thing is, they need TC of any of the parents else they wont accept the application.



veena12 2012-12-28 16:59:59



anyone knows the location for Taluk office for Ramapuram?


 Former member 2012-12-28 17:09:02


Hi Veena, I think this will cover ur area. So please call and check it , before going directly

"Bharathidasan Colony Opp To BSNL, K K Nagar, Chennai - 600078
call: +(91)-(44)-24891464"




SKM79 2013-01-02 14:31:31



I'm residing at Velachery. Let me know the taluk office near by to get CC for my kid. Is it possible to get the certificate in Chennai though i had got it from my native village.



Anthi 2013-01-04 14:23:05



Could you tell us what are the docs you had to submit apart from the filled in form and parent's TC?

Was ration card mandatory?





veena12 2013-01-04 16:12:22



We have applied for Community certificate for my kid who is 2 yrs old. They require ration card, TC and Community certificate of parents. Even  mother's is accepted. But father need to confirm to them that thy dont have any problem in using the mother's community and they ll not create any problem later.

@ Hussain,

Thanks for your info. But for Ramapuram, first we need to get form from Ambattur Taluk office. Then get it signed from VAO office in Ramapuram showing the proofs. Then again we need to submit all the VAO approved docs to ambattur office. We are done with these process today.

Ramapuram is a village belonging to Ambattur District. This may help parents residing in Ramapuram Chennai


Anthi 2013-01-04 17:46:04



Can we replace ration card with any other doc?


 Former member 2013-01-04 17:59:46


Oh! Great! Veena..

Thanks for the information...




veena12 2013-01-04 18:43:20



Yes ration card is mandatory. Based on the address in ration card only,  you need to get the docs approved from that area Taluk office and VAO. Refer the below application where they ask for the ration card no. in the application form.

If not you can directly enquire in your area taluk office whether there is some other alternative and what could be done.


Loga345 2013-01-04 21:37:55


Hi All,

Today I got the community certificate for my son.

I am residing in Mugalivakkam. Hope this would help who are in Mugalivakkam area.

First I went to VAO office which is near Mugalivakkam Arasamaram. The VAO office is in Mugalivakkam Govt School campus. There is a Xerox shop near by the VAO office where we can get the communicty certificate application form which costs Rs. 10.  Filled the form and submitted it to VAO officer. She signed the form and asked me to go to RI the office in Mangadu. In one of the forms, we need to get 10 signatures from the public. I don't know why they need signature from 10 people, but they asked me to get it. I don't know whether this is still followed in any other place.The VAO officer asked for the below documents:

1) Address Proof - Ration Card

2) Birth Certificate of your child

3) Transfer Certificate. The important thing is the caste should be mentioned in TC. If it is not mentioned, they are not accepting it. In my TC, the caste is not mentioned, so they didn't accept it. So I had to proceed my father's TC. My son got the community certificate using his Grand father's transfer certificate. Luckily, the caste is mentioned in my father's TC. Even they are not accepting parent's community certificate. The key proof that they consider is caste mentioned in any one of the parent's Transfer certificate.

Then I went to RI office in Mangadu. The RI office is close to Velleeswarar temple mangadu. Unfortunately the RI officer was on leave. So I went to RI again on the following day.. It just took two 5 minutes there. The officer was very kind enough to sign all the documents in couple of minutes.

Finally I had to go to Taluk office in Sriperumbudur. I had to go there twice. First day when I went they collected the documets and asked me to come after two working days. After two working days, I went  and asked for the ceritificate. They asked me to wait for 30 minutes. But they made me to wait 3 hours. But its fine that finally I got the certificate.

Totally, its a big process to get the community certificate.

I wish that in future, community is mentioned in the birth certificate itself. Government, please issue the birth and community as one certificate...

Thanks and regards


MariS 2013-01-17 17:01:07


Hi Anthi,

Sorry for late reply. I was out of station. They said Ration card is mandatory and also TC. I thought they would accept my Community certificate as a proof but they said, TC is must. Since I dont have my TC, i have applied through with my wife's TC and they accepted.


Anthi 2013-04-19 11:35:59


But why is TC needed/ TC does not carry the community details anyway right?


rehana10 2013-04-26 12:36:12


 Hi veena.. kindly elaborate on using mother's community certificate from what you heard or experienced.. I am planning to use my community for my kid and my husband has no objections.. awaiting ur reply for we re in the process of applying for one..


 Former member 2013-04-26 13:21:09


Hi Rehana, Generally they will consider the father's caste for their kids. If we need to use the mother's C.certificate, then father need to give a letter stating the no objection...


rehana10 2013-04-26 20:17:22


 Its an inter-religion marriage for us.. I hope the No Objection letter would hold good for us.. kindly reply..


 Former member 2013-04-27 12:10:06


Yes exactly, particularly they will ask for that reason only. Hence there will not be any issue in getting the C.certificate by producing the no objection certificate. Also if ur husband itself go and apply means it will well and good.


 Former member 2013-10-23 19:34:52


is there any restriction on age limits for applying a community certificate? i heard that they are providing this only after the kid gets 3 yrs old..


All Rights Reserved Copyright © 2008-2018 Parentree