hyperactive child

28 replies, Page 1

sandana 2009-10-09 16:23:13


hi to all i am mom to a 4yr old kid

my son is doing lkg  and i have a lot of complaints from his teacher saying he is a troublesome child like even when he is having severe  fever and when i wait for my turn in a clinic he makes a mess and even my pediatrician said  he is a hyperactive c hild can anyone pls suggest where can show my son



beesrinivas 2009-10-14 10:57:55


Dear Madam,

Incase, your child is an hyperactive child, he needs a therapy by professionals. Pls inform the area where u reside, to enable me to guide u better.




sandana 2009-10-14 19:00:39


hi srinivas thanks u replied i am currently in pondicherry

i can very well travel to chennai also

 so u say the better one  irrespective of area





pajji 2009-10-14 21:17:17



My son is also about 4.5 yrs and hyperactive with speech delay and is not able to settle down in any school. Not his mistake alone, the teachers are not willing to put in any extra effort for him. He is under going OT and speech therapy. Can u suggest some good schools which will take him. i live in the mambalam area. may i know if u work in a related field. thanks.


beesrinivas 2009-10-15 13:19:13


hi sandanaa & pajji,

We are in the field of speech therapy with 3 centres in chennai at purasawakkam, nanganallur & tambaram.

Pajji, its good to find that ur child is taking OT & speech therapy. let him attend.

Sandanna, pls take him to any speech therapist avbl in pondy, may be u can contact arupadai veedu medical college for further details. ur child needs regular occupational therapy & speech therapy daily. so better consult somebody in pondy itself.





sandana 2009-10-15 15:43:12


hi srinivas

speech wise he is ok he started speaking late but he speaks normallyexcept pronouncing r

his teacher says he is doing good in studies fast in responding and he proves well in maths the only pbm is so thuru thru not able to control him he is so fast in everything remember ,many things

i hope u can get what i am saying


reply me



pajji 2009-10-15 23:51:43


hi srinivas,

can u tell me more details abt yr therapy centre and if anyone can come for home visits. also let me know schools which are not too fussy abt hyperactive kids and take good care of them.

thank you.


ramadevi 2010-07-29 16:56:15


HI srinivas,


Please let me know where your center is lcocated in nanganallur. I would like to bring my kid there.





beesrinivas 2010-07-30 10:09:37


hello ramadevi,

we are located opp. Sidney hospital, near anjaneyar temple in nanganallur.

Hearing Centre, No.15, 5th Street, Ramnagar, Nanganallur, Opp. Sidney Hospital, Chennai - 61. Ph: 22671250.

Pls take an appointment before visiting.




ramadevi 2010-07-30 11:43:42


Thanks Srinivas




ashnavee 2010-08-31 21:26:35



My son is 6 years. He has always been hyperactive, restless. But I was able to persuade him by talking to him calm and explaining him result of his wrong doings. But for the last 1 months, his behavior has worsened. He listens to me with great difficulty. But the next day, he continues to do what he wants to do. His handwriting is pathetic. His notes are incomplete. His scores were earlier 10/10, but this month, it has been 5/10. When I asked him why he's behaving this way, he says that he's getting bored of sitting in class and learning. Yesterdya, he has bit his friend's hand because he and his friend had the same type of pencil and one of them lost. Both were fighting for the pencil and finally, my son bit the other guy's hand. I'm losing patience to handle him. He has no fear for anybody at home. Worst case, we scold him, he simply listens and then continues his bratty behavior.

I'm told that there are calming techniques for such kids. Do you think it would help my child? What should I do. Pl help.


yeskumar 2010-09-01 00:06:38


Most of the kids behave in the same manner as u said here, now-a-days.But I heard senior parents saying such kids would be calm and responsible at elder ages.Let we belive that...


jrd 2010-09-02 10:15:01


 hi  what i feel is u take him for a counselling to b on the safer side,he may need some behaviour  modification  at an early stage they could tell what exactly the problem is


ashnavee 2010-09-08 10:41:43


Thanks for your response.

I'm in Chennai. Any good counsellor around here?


NJ 2010-09-08 11:49:08


ashnavee, sandana,

You can either seek further guidance from


Dr V Jeyanthini- Ph -24355123

Dr Pappakumari - Ph - 42103833

or in SRMC porur - Dr Udayakumar


NJ 2010-09-08 11:50:09


You can also consult with CMC Vellore - Dr Paul Sudhakar


NJ 2010-09-08 11:53:24



From reading your posts, it looks to me that your son is gifted and hence is restless as he wants to move on to learn new things. The doctors I mentioned here will suggest therapies to regulate his behavior so that he can integrate well into general society.


Taru06 2010-09-09 17:50:39


Hi..I just see the same case with my son as well who is also very hyperactive..and is 6 yrs old..He also did speak a little later..One of the reason could be that having working mother...And also that we speak English and Tamil at home..He speaks good now, but just takes a little time to rephrase and talk...Hyperactivity is just too much..He cannot stay in one place for more than a min..I see there have been some Doctor's references above in the posts..Can you tell me..where do they practise and some background about them..Coz before i call up i can make sure that the doctors have some background and experience..


Thangad 2011-06-20 15:45:38



My sister son age 5 years, attending OT & speech Therpahy for the past 2 years as he suffered from Hyperactive,  he is having trouble in school to sit and there are  complaints from them.

Is there any special schools in Chennai for him who are wililing to work with these students ?


Thangad 2011-06-21 12:02:52


Hello Madam,

I am too from Pondicherry, my sister son aged 5 years also suffereing from hyperactive and delayed development problem.

I just like to know how is your son and where he is studing, what are the treatment given. Please helps by share as my sister has no clue about how to go ahead.



pprr 2011-07-12 22:06:04


Hi Thangad

Saraswathi kendra in Alwarpet is one such school which gives admission to these type of kids. Good location and excellent campus.

Again there is Aikya,  Children garden school in mylapore area and alpha to omega school etc to name a few.





NJ 2011-07-13 06:16:09



Before taking him off to a special school, since your son is 5 already, try sending him for swimming and tennis. Try to do this before he goes to school. Probably take him for swimming before school and tennis after school. This can wear him down and cause his hyperactivity to decrease, so he would be calmer and less restless in school. Try this for 6 months and decide if he still needs to go to special school.  Since you can find admission in special schools anytime, but in regular schools its difficult to get. Also, if your child is academically gifted they would have a disadvantage in special schools, where they do not follow a standard board.



NJ 2011-07-13 06:17:51


Also NO junk food and considerably reduce the sugar intake. Avoid all sweets and chocolates. I know this is difficult especially if the child has been eating a lot of sweets, but its not impossible, you have to get all the family members whoever stays with you, on board to comply with this.


kalpanaramesh 2012-06-26 15:13:46


i need some information abt hyperactive child...so if u r intrest please send reply


kalpanaramesh 2012-06-26 15:16:20


i need toput my kid in occupational therapy center in nanganallur....so anybody know about this....please reply soon...around nanganallur, adambakkam, madipakkam


VL 2012-06-27 11:11:57


You can check in Hindu mission hospital, Nanganallur. there is OT there and i guess OT person comes thirce a week or so.

Adambakkam there is a place called Tiny Todds or Tiny Tots. I am not sure of correct address now will check if possible

I do not have personal exp with both though


kalpanaramesh 2012-06-27 13:42:58


thank you for ur kind reply.....


kalpanaramesh 2012-06-27 13:54:18


my son is 3 years old....i like to put in school...is it possible? i m in nanganallur...so anybody know about this please tel me....


shoby 2012-07-10 12:16:15



u can check with ur therapists or ppl who do assessments for kids and refer them to diffrerent schools, certain schools accept these therapists and counsillors(sorry if my spelling is wrong) report and join them.




All Rights Reserved Copyright © 2008-2018 Parentree