This is a really interesting website. Many congrats to all those who are contributing to make this a success.
We are going to relocate to Chennai in about a month's time. Can someone please giude me to some good schools in South Chennai-OMR/Adyar area? My kids go to class 7th and 3rd.
Hi Gargi, from your thread name, I understand that you are going to start looking out for schools once you come to chennai after a month. School admissions in Chennai mostly close by end of May. However, there are loads of schools coming up which will definitely have few vacancies. I saw an ad about PSBB millenium in siruseri open for admissions but it is only upto 5th grade. You have Sunshine Chennai Senior Secondary school in Puzhuthivakkam which also posted an ad last week that there are still admissions available. Try to contact the schools via email or phone and check for new admission availability. You can also check out international schools like Vels billabong, Gateway American, St. Johns International School if you are ok with the fee.
Find below a list of CBSE/ICSE schools in south chennai that I know. This is for your reference. However you need to patiently call each school to check for admission which mostly would be closed for majority of the schools by this time..However there is nothing wrong to check with the institution.
Hope this helps...
1. ABACUS Montessori - ICSE
2. Pon Vidyashram
3. Vael's Billbong ICSE
4. Headstart Learning Center IGCSE Headstart Learning Centre, Chennai, INDIA
5. The Gateway school -
6. PSBB branch in OMR, siruseri
7. American school- IB
8. Primrose - www.primroseschool.in
9. British International School. IB
10. GT Aloha Mandir
11. APL Global school IGCSE syllabus.
12. BVM Global school at Marg SwarnaBhoomi
13. BVM Global school - Bolleni Hillside OMR -
15. Alpha Clarion International School - Alpha Group of Institutions
16. Sishya branch in OMR - Thoraipakkam
17. BVM Global at Perungudi -
18. PSBB school - @L&T eden Park - starting operations in June 2011
19. RMT school - RMT International School - thoraipakkam - International school
20. Hiranandani's school in upscale..omr. - Hiranandani Upscale School
22. Manthan Vidyashram -
1.Bala Vidya Mandir Senior Secondary CBSE Bala Vidya Mandir
2.Sri Sankara Senior Secondary CBSE - Adyar
3.Kendriya Vidhyala CBSE - CLRI/Adyar
4. The School- KFI ICSE - theschoolkfi.org Adyar
5. Hindu Senior Secondary School, Adyar
6. Sishya, ICSE-Adyar
7. Sankara School - Thiruvanmiyur
8. St. Patrick's School - ICSE - Adyar
1.DAV Public - Velachery
2.Arsha Vidya Mandir
3. A School - Chettinad Foundation
5.Navadisha Montessori School
6.10. Ashram ICSE School.
8.Sunshine Chennai Senior Secondary school Velachery
9. The Indian Public school - IGCSE
10. SAN Academy
1. Modern Senior Secondary School, nanganallur - CBSE
2. Chellammal Senior Secondary School - Nanganallur- CBSE
3. DAV Adambakkam -CBSE
1. Lords International ICSE
2. Good Earth ICSE goodearthschool.org
3. Boaz Public - CBSE
5.Kendriya Vidyalaya - Tambaram
6. Sri Sankara Vidyalaya
7. Sundara valli memorial
8. Sri Kanchmahaswami trust vidya mandir - CBSE school at rajakilpakkam
All the best for your school hunt!!
This is a really exhaustive list of schools. I did call some of them and as expected they had closed admissions. Do you have an idea about the fee structures of the inetrnational schools that you mentioned? I am actually looking for a good CBSE school.
I admire Uma for such an investigation regd schools and u can try in chettinad vidyashram RA puram(CBSE) and HARI SREE VIDYALAYA(MANDAVELI), i think it may be around 1lac, as for LKG kids it was around 70k.
ALL THE BEST
@Bestmom - I heard PSBB siruseri(L&T Eden) is still open for admissions. check it out. All international schools aer expensive as I am aware. However you need to check with the schools to get the exact fee structure.
I checked with PSBB. They take children only of Eden Garden residents! So now i have to get an apt. at Eden Garden. Can someone help me with that? Most of the real estate sites do not list a propoerty from that project. Also this school is only till 5th....so that addresses only half of my concerns!!
Hey bestmom, I guess there must be some kind of miscommunication. My colleague's daughter is going to study there and kids of my few distant friends are already studying there. They are not residents of Eden Park. Please cross check once again. Did you try calling the board number?
Strange. I called up the number that i got from another branch of PSBB and was asked I was residing at Eden Park since this school was exclusively for children of the residents here. May be if you can please get me the numbers from your friend, I will call up once again..
044-28341886 This is the number my friend had called. Check it out..
Thanks...will keep u posted. i am reaching chennai today.
Welcome to Chennai Gargi!! ;)
The only school where i got seats for both my kids is G T Aloha Vidya Mandir. Any reviews on this one? Would appreciate if anyone could guide me on this.....
Hi umabala, Can you let me know about academics, extra curricular activities (music / dance / painting / sports etc.,), teachers experience, teacher - student ratio etc.,
How is the school in comparison with the other established branches of PSBB?
I want to know more about the quality of education in this school.
Can you help me with above queries please. Thank you.
All Rights Reserved Copyright © 2008-2019 Parentree