My son has been studying in GIS for the last 7 years. Let me list out the pros and cons for the benefit of other parents.
1. Good infrastructure: The classrooms are big and airy. Spacious corridors. Bathrooms are clean. Big auditorium for stage shows. They have a separate sports complex for games such as cricket (indoor and outdoor nets), badminton, tennis, football & swimming.
2. Fees: The fees includes lunch, 2 sets of uniforms, books std. Once we pay the fees, we do not have to pay a paisa extra. Costs for field trips, Olympiad & other talent exams, Math & English lab etc are all covered in the fees. When we compared facilities and fees with other schools, we felt Gopalan International was more economical.
3. Extra curricular activities: There is an equal emphasis on academics as well as extra curricular activities up to 5th grade. Yoga, Taekwondo, swimming, art & craft, music are all part of the curriculum. There are cultural and sports clubs & kids are free to chose whichever activity/sports interests them. After 6th grade, extra curricular activities take a back seat to academics.
4. Safety & security: Cctvs are installed all throughout the school. Kids are not allowed to leave the classroom unless escorted by the class governess. The management responds promptly to any queries.
5. Participation in interschool competitions: GIS kids are encouraged to participate in various interschool competitions. Music team has won many awards. My son won 1st prize in an interschool quiz contest held last month.
1. Approach road to school is narrow and through residential locality.
2. Gopalan Engineering & Mgt college is in the same campus, though there is no interaction between school and college kids
3. Not many extracurricular activities 6th grade and above.