I have been reading discussions about admissions to students moving back from USA to India.
We are planning to move back to Bangalore this year (2020) it might be mid of school year in India. We have 2 boys older will start 8th grade this fall, younger 1st grade.
1. If I could get a suggestion about whether choosing an international school with CBSE syllabus or choosing ICSE syllabus would be better . Especially for my older one for whom it will be a bigger transition.
2. Also if I could get suggestions on good schools in Banashankari ( Bangalore south area) for NRI students.
I appreciate all your input.
For your older one, I would suggest to choose Cambridge IGCSE or IBMYP curriculum AT LEAST 1 year based on my friends personal experience with older kids.
Later you can shift your older one to CBSE if you don't want to continue with IGCSE/IB.Feedback I gathered on IGCSE 9th & 10th grade
- Languages Options - Spanish, French (better to choose spanish since its easy/faster to learn & widely used compared with french)
- Every Subject in IGCSE is In Depth
- Not Easy - some parents may be under assumption that IGCSE will be easy. But its not.
- For competitive exam such as NEET & others, students from CBSE Curriculum does better.
- After studying IGCSE 9th & 10th grade, some kids are choosing CBSE curriculum M.Bi.P.C for their 11th grade in order to prepare for NEET & other competitive exams in India.
- I heard CBSE M.Bi.P.C students do not have to do languages.
Were you able to finalize the school for your kids?
We are also planning to move to Bangalore (once the restriction is over) near Electronics city area.
It would be really helpful if can share some information which you have already gathered so far :)
Have a nice evening!