My daughter would be ready to join Pre-KG in June 2014. We've been looking at various schools in and around Sarjapur Main Road and are quite impressed with Harvest international school.
Would any of you have any feedback about the school? Any information will be helpful.
I am also looking out for schools for my daughter (Pre-KG) June 2014 in sarjapur road.. What are the schools that you are considering apart from Harvest?
Some of the other schools that we are considering are:
1. Bethany High - Application form will be issued from Nov 1st week onwards
2. Chrysalis - Applications accepted from Sep 28 onwards
3. NPS - No clear info, but understand it is tough to get admissions
4. Oakridge - I called up the school to understant the admission process but was told that a counsellor would call back - no one did.
Do you have any info around any of these schools in terms of parent feedback?
What are the schools that you have?
Even we are looking for schools around Sarjapur road for Pre-Kg admission 2014-2015. We are looking for CBSE schools and had shortlisted below.
No much negative feedback available on net, as this is a new one. But I read somewhere that they give little importance to academics and more time to extra -curri which leads to more homework. Not sure if this is true. But one good thing is less students to teacher ratio
2) DPS East - Academics and Extra curricular - fine, but little crowded, many sections and each section has 30-40 children.
3)Gear - Heard lot of negative feedback and somewhere I read they are very rude to parents and proud staff. So I dont want to choose.
4)NPS HSR - Very good school, but difficult to get admission
5)Freedom International - Ok School, but no internation standards, and no playarea and ground. School is only till 10th standard.
6)JSS hsr - Ok school. Similar to Freedom International. Read somewhere that teachers are not that good.
How is Bethany High? Not heard anything,
Looking for similar information/feedback/review on HIS.
I need feedback from parents whose kids are studying in Harvest (HIS). I have a long list of queries as below as well. Pleas try to answer to best possible extent
1) How is the teaching methodology at Harvest (HIS) ? Are the teachers well qualified and learned/experienced enough to teach?
2) I heard they follow NCERT books/syllabus only from 8th standard. Then how about Primary and Middle school sections. How good are the text Books that the School chooses to educate kids in section I-VII
3) I read somewhere that in until 8th standard, there is 60% co-curricular and 40% academic. I feel that is bit lopsided and ideally it must be 75-80% academic and 20-25% co-curricular.
4) How good is the school in building the personality and moral education and attitude. Kids these days in International School think they have reached the moon. We need holistic education approach that will keep them humble, grounded but yet flexible stress free that will help them to develop all round skills and confidence in life.
5) Is there good discipline being embibed in school? I mean if kid does something wrong, I expect teachers to correct them and tell them why they were wrong and why they should not do it. Some harmless punishments or scolding are sometimes good. We don't want a school culture where indiscipline exists and excess freedom is given to kids - no matter what. Respect to every individual and following the Rules is key to build a responsible Citizen.
6) How is the curriculum before NCERT actually sets in at 8th Std? Hope it is good from a academic perspective in terms of spoken , written English, grammar, composition skills, mathematical and analytical capabilities along with logical reasoning skills. Please clarify
7) How was the fees structure for Primary section in 2016-2017 academic year?
8) Hope we can take French as 3rd language from Class V (provided Hindi is 2nd language) ?
9) How good is the Science Lab facilities? Does the school try to foster or educate Scientific values also in the child along with Maths/English/Sports/Arts?
10) I did read somewhere that the Teacher: Student ratio is 1:20. Please confirm. or is it atleast not more than 1:25 . if so, can that guarantee good individual attention to the kid?
11) In primary and Middle section, is there too much of Montesorri style OR they try to mix/blend traditional Indian teaching along with Montesorri in a way that
will benefit the Child and make them competible with CBSE/ICSE mainstream kids ?
All Rights Reserved Copyright © 2008-2022 Parentree