I have certain concerns as parent of my children studying at Delhi Public School Bangalore North to share:
1. Recent academic year fees was hiked without even bringing to the notice of parents, in advance.
2. No fee structure and fee paying schedule has been circulated, till date.
3. Since from the Day 1 of school commencement, teachers have started talking about paid hobby classes. Paid hobby classes are charged between INR 3000 - 4000.
4. Paid hobbies introduced are all useless ones without having relevance to the kids in their future lives. No mention of any unpaid hobbies at all!!! why dont they teach some thing which can be useful to the kids in their future and routine lives?
5. Now they have started talking about tablet ( e-education) and children have been asked to bring INR 4000 for usage of tablets in classes ( for four times only!!)
6. If children at the higher level classes have any doubts in the lesson taught in the classrooms, if they reach the teacher during the leisure period or recess time at the staff rooms for clarifications, they have been asked to join for the remedial classes ( to be conducted after school hours for extra one hour )
7. Remedial classes are charged with INR 150 / subject / teaching session.
8. If teachers are to teach the children during remedial classes, What are they teaching in the regular class hours???
9. Yesterday, my daughter came to me asking that we need to pay for a trip to her to for France ( On Student Cultural Exchange Program ) and we need to pay INR 1lac!!!
10. Teachers adopt to send ONLY oral means of communication on all the above said fees. Incase of primary class children, they ask the children to themselves write down the communication to the parents. Strange!!!
Can anyone explain how parents can afford to pay for all these one of the other within a span of schools re-opening?
Is DPS like schools not fit for Middle Class families?
More than teaching or knowledge, children daily return back home with one or the other demands and fees to be paid on IMMEDIATE basis!!
Can parents explain is this only at DPS school or all the schools have become money making institutions?
Intersting. I had been to their campus for admission. There was this 25k component during admision and that had to be paid in cash with no recipt. Found it strange. Also, I heard they have 12 sections ( A to L) in each class. I thought that way too much. Though I got a seat, (which I think is very easy) I did not proceed. And to my surprise, they never bothered to call me. So looks like they have a huge demand and all seats get filled up.
Would you like to take this discussion at dpsbn-parents.blogspot.in? As a parent of two children studying at DPS, I can relate to most of the points you mention. Let us try to spread the word to a larger community and hopefully resolve the issues.
i want to take admission for kids next year , right now where they r iam not too happy thinking of changing them to dps by after reading reviews i am confused can u provide me ur id or tel no so i can speak to u abt this. thanks shenoy
All Rights Reserved Copyright © 2008-2021 Parentree