Hi, Would like to know how to clean baby feeding bottles.what water and detergent to be used. My son is 6 months old
I am mother of 10 Months old baby, you should be very careful of feeding bottles . otherwise baby falls sick with motions. i generally use little vim liquid soap for bottle, nipple and cap and then clean it neatly with water, sterilize it in mineral water for 4-5 minutes.
you must wash bottle (with water only) for each feed, so that bottle and milk wont stink and its better to boil milk for each feed also.
Recently I bought bottle and nipple liquid cleanser from a just born store in Bangalore. It is called Stony Angel. This is especially for cleaning feeding bottles. But I am using it for my son’s school water bottle. You can find it in any just born/Baby shops. But sterilizing is what usually recommended every time before after use.
Per recent study here in the US the baby bottle do not need to be sterilized each time before use, but I have always made sure that I took the following steps (even to date with my 19 month old):
- I soak and rinse each bottle immediately after use so that there is no milk residue in it that will curdle or pick up any sort of germ.
- to the bottle I add a few drops of dishwashing liquid and leave it soaked such if I cannot rinse it immediately
- I separate the nipple from the bottle top (the rim that holds the nipple) and soak both the nipple and the rim in dishwashing liquid.
- When I am ready to wash all the bottles I just put them in teh microwave for 45 seconds to one minute with the dishwashing liquid in the bottle and the nipples/caps in the dishwashing liquid so that it does the due diligence in killing the germs as well as washing away any residue with the heated water.
- Then I rinse them thoroughly with warm water. Leave them on a towel to dry that I have in the conor of my kitchen slab and use them when completely dry.
In the past I have used bottle brush regularly to clean the bottle inside but I make sure that the bottle brush is cleaned frequently too.
Hope this helps.
All Rights Reserved Copyright © 2008-2019 Parentree