Thank you dan23 and happybalaji for your replies. Dan23 can you share the centre details where you did early intervention program. Is this in chennai?
I am in US, my son went intervention in US - I don't know about any centres in Chennai. But you can ask all your questions in the telegram chat group.
To join the Telegram chat group, follow below directions:
Please install telegram app and click below link:
Hi. My son is 3.5 years old and we also took him to his dr and they told us that he has ASD. His all a to z habits is same like your son. We are thinking to take him for ABA and speech therapy, his occupational therapy is going on. Buts his development is slow. I am curious that is your son started to talk and is he behaving as like normal kid? Does ABA therapy work on such kids? And how much we have to spend for every month therapy? Plz guide us as a parent you can understand our situation. Ÿ™
Thank you in advance.
Right now we are in houston USA, can you guide me that does ABA Therapy work or not. My son is 3.5 years old. He laugh alone he like to play alone. He doesn't want to see other people rather than his mom dad. He hide his face with his palm. He hardly use any word to Express his feelings. He doesn't respond his name he has poor eye contact, he know how to tackle puzzle games he like to jump, he like to play games in my ph ok ne, he like to watch tv cartoon. He doesn't like to eat by his hand he want me to feed him. We put him in the school for PPCD program ( preschool program for children with disabilities)
But we are not getting good results. Now we put him to the occupational therapy and now planning to put him in ABA therapy. But my insurance is not ready to pay for him we have to pay 80% amount that is too much per month. So is it worth to be pay that much.. or can o go to india and can find good therapy center? Plz guide us.
Thank you in advance
Can you tell us how's your son now? And what treatment, therapies and diets you followed for him?
Would you mind have a call with me. I am worried about my daughter. Please share your contact number
Hi DeepankPooja, my son is now 5.5 years old and he has started talking but still not on à®ªà®¾à®° with his peers with normal development. But definitely he is improving, we all must understand that this is a very slow process for improvements and we must have patience.
My son is still undergoing ABA and has started going to Public School. We are hoping he would get along fine in the public school.
Hi Vik1985, I am in India for vacation, pls reach me in whatsapp mesg at +1 6086287358.
Hi all...Please add me in the Chennai Watsapp group... My mobile number is 9884793598...My son is facing the same issues and he is under occupational therapy....He is 3.8 months old...not sure how to proceed from here....
Would like to know your kid's progress in the last one year.
I am Krishna from Virugambakkam, Chennai. My Son is 2.5 years now and showing mild ASD traits like poor eye contact and poor name call response.
We went to Apollo for Canada visa medical test and there the Pediatrician noticed and informed us.
More about my Son,
Age: 2.5 years (30 months)
(1) Good memory. Even at this age, he is telling numbers 1-100. When playing swing, he counts himself. When he plays with toys also, he counts correctly and can read from book as well.
Can say alphabets A to Z. Even when i write in chalk in any random order also, he is identifying and telling correctly.
Identifying and telling all the colors correctly. Identifying animals correctly and also plays the imitation game with me (Dog says bow, Cat saws meow etc. for 12-15 animals correctly)
Identifying and telling shapes correctly.
Identifying many fruits/vegetables/food items correctly (like apple, orange, banana, onion, egg, rice, sugar etc.)
Identifying and telling few of his toys as well like stacks, xylophone, car, bus, brush, hat etc.
Sings 10-15 rhymes. Can say days (Sunday to Saturday)
Remembers the routes correctly.
(2) Can ask for few of his needs verbally like need water, need ball, need stacks, go outside. He is trying to engage in a conversation but not finding words.
(3) Very good observation and imitation skills. He observed all household chores like cooking, washing, sweeping etc. and imitates that.
He even observed the sewing machine needle movement and correctly pointing and pulling the needle to show how it moves.
(4) Loves to play with us. Plays hide and seek, imitation games with us in home and while reading books (like alphabets, numbers, animals, colours) or playing games, the eye contact and
involvement is great.
(5) Took him outside to many places like temples, shopping malls and he is very normal. No issues with crowd, loud noise, loud music, bright/dull light etc.
(6) Loves to go to park. When he sees other kids, he observes them and follow what they are doing.
(7) No gross motor or fine motor issues.
Areas of concern:
(1) Poor name call response. When he is not doing anything, he responds to his name call. When he is occupied with something, even when i call from 1 feet, he wont look up.
(2) Poor eye contact. His eye contact with people at home is good. When we go outside, he is not looking into the eyes of the strangers or other kids.
(3) Temper tantrums. When he is not finding words to communicate, he will try to pull our hands to lead us but when he decline, he will get frustrated and cry. Sometimes will lye on the floor and cry
(4) Not potty trained yet
(5) He eats only when we play videos in youtube
I saw your post which is 5 years old and felt like i am in same situation now.
Can you please guide me on what you did to overcome the situation?Please let me know your number and i can call you as well.
Did anyone of you heard of Jewel Autism Center, Kottayam, Kerala? Are they good?
Hello all my child is diagnosed with pdd nos kindly add me in the WhatsApp my no 9958448679
My child was diagnosed with ASD in the age of 2.8 yrs and we started OT therapy in our hometown but very little improvement after 6 months :-(. We are moving to Chennai next month and looking for intensive treatment , Please suggest good place in Chennai. My whatsapp number is +919600138814.
Anyone has experience with Aura cleansing / Klesh nasana kriya for kids with autism/adhd happens at Isha yoga center, Coimbatore ? Parents can call and find out about that. Heard it€™s giving good results. Kindly share your experiences.
Parents new to autism
1 install telegram App from playstore
2 join the parents group via link below
Hi bhavya1. How do join from home screen after downloading the telegram App.
Open chrome or any browser in ur mobile type the url above..and hit enter
Pls contact D'Soul child development centre at adyar, Mobile 9840527471, www.dsoulcdc.com
Hi Myself Vinod , my son is 3.5 yrs old , my number is 7358383381
My daughter is 2.3yr old diagosed as global developmental delay but is in risk for pdd at present we r going for ot but little improvement after 5mnths need help regarding therapy centers plz add me to group my number is 8639183696