This is Ravi. I am working in US but belong to Pune. I was looking for some support group in India in these cases and thankfully found this.
I am a father of 2 yr old boy. He is a lovely boy, joy of our lives. But he has some feeding issues from about 2 months of age.
1) He was diagnosed with Acid-reflux issue and has been on medication (Lanzoprezole15 - 1/4 twice a day). He took that medicine for about 20 months. Now we have stopped it.
2) He was Good eater till about 5 months of age. He got his vaccines (in US) (Hepatitis-B and others). I don't know if this is related, but he started refusing milk and other starter foods since then.
Very frequent throw-ups. We had a very hard time feeding him. Had to distract him with TV, cell phone videos and forcefully feed him.
Doctors here didn't offer much help. They did whatever they could - Endoscopy, 3-D X-Ray (to check Esophagus lining) and everything was normal.
3) He started crawling from about 13 months (which was considered little late) but within two weeks started walking. Other than his feeding issues at that time, he was a happy baby. Spoke few words (mumma,
papa, dada, nana, baa (for ball)). Enjoyed going outside and running. Enjoyed his swing.
4) We put him in Day-care for about 4 hrs a day at about 14 months. Not sure if that is the reason but he started showing some signs of Autism (flapping hands in air, sitting in W-shape,
sometime walking on toes, frog-jump, banging his head on sofa or car-seat etc..) Initially we thought he enjoyed banging his head and would do to seek attention.
We took him out of day-care with in a month. We tried again after 5 months but same result.
5) While his motor skills were normal, his communication dropped... now, at two years, he only speaks Papa , aaja and sometimes mumma. His frog-jump has increased, banging his head has increased.
6) He still does not chew his food. We have to mash it in mixer and make it soft for him swallow. This is very hard as not everything can be mashed.
6) As doctors were not of much help here, we decided to come back to India. Family has gone back and I will be coming back by year end.
7) Doctors in Pune diagnosed "Spectrum" issues. Basically, they have told us that is he is "Hyperactive" and has "Tactile sensitivity" issues - which means lack of concentration on a thing he is not
interested in and feeding issues. He is undergoing OT for last 3 weeks.
He is very good at operating cell phone. Can call me , can play youtube videos and other rhymes.
8) I have done some research online on these issues and many have suggested GFCF (Gluten Free Casein Free) diet to cure Hyperactivity. We started to follow that for last 3 days.
It's difficult to avoid wheat (roti). He doesn't like bajra roti.
Can anybody facing similar feeding issues please suggest?
9) Also, many have suggested it could be due to increased Mercury levels in his body. We have just got his blood test done. Awaiting results.
10) I have also read some articles and viewed some Success stories with Homeopathy treatment. Can anybody share their experiences? Do we have a homeopath specializing in Autism in Pune?
I will appreciate suggestions/experience sharing with similar issues. Specially, the issue of not chewing his food. How to teach him chew his food if he is not interested in eating?
Please add me to the group email and on WhatsApp group. My number is +1 704-891-6761
Hi I am a father of 3 year old boy and suspect some mild level of Autism in him. I stay in Pune.
I want to get him evaluated by professionals.
Please suggest good diagnostic centers in Pune.
My 3 year old son has been diagnosed with mild autistic traits, we are undergoing sessions with Dr Sanyogita Nadkarni and her team.
Would like be connected with similar parent, Can you please add me in the whatapp group.
My No: 9011165993
Please add me also in the group....
Please add my number 001-971-263-9736
kindly add to share and exchange details....my kid is also diagnosed with mild autism and is 4 years of old now
All Rights Reserved Copyright © 2008-2021 Parentree