Pregnancy is a time when hormonal changes can change your skin significantly - from positive changes like "pregnancy glow" to negative ones like acne. Here are some tips on how you can help your skin remain healthy.
- A good night's rest - Sleep is found to have a great effect on the health of the skin. A person who sleeps contently is found to have a glowing skin and the same applies to pregnant women too.
- Use sunscreen - The usage of sunscreen when going out will definitely help in slowing the discoloration of the skin for women who have Melasma.
- Moisturize the skin - Provide the skin with sufficient amount of moisture so that the skin remains hydrated. Taking an oil bath will definitely help in cleansing and toning the skin and also improves the blood circulation in the body. But be cautious that you make use of the right kind of moisturizer depending on the nature of your skin. Also, try to use natural moisturizing oils as much as possible.
- Drink lots of water - Water is a natural cleanser of the skin as it flushes out the toxins from the system.
- Eating healthy and nutritious food also contributes a lot in maintaining a healthy skin tone in pregnant women.
- Wash your face and neck regularly so that it avoids excess oil formation which may lead to developing acne.
- Wear clothes in which you feel most comfortable in because they might save you from a lot of itching problems. Natural fibers like cotton and wool may serve you better than synthetics.
- Stay cool - excessive heat can make your itchness worse. Wear airy loose-fitting clothes and sit in areas with good air circulation and moderate temperatures.