With the news about swine flu, it maybe a good idea to remind ourselves about some basic tips to avoid spreading flu among children.
- Make sure children wash their hands with soap
- Before eating
- After coming in from the outside
- After touching any footwear
- After going to the bathroom
- After touching any animals or birds
- After sneezing or coughing
- Teach children to cover their mouths with a tissue when they sneeze or cough and then throw it away. If not, teach them to cover their mouth with their hands, and then wash their hands immediately afterwards
- Teach children not to touch their face - nose, mouth etc.,
- If your child has the flu, try to keep them at home instead of sending them to school
- Make sure your pets are clean and get regular checkups at the vet
- Keep a clean home - especially the kitchen and bathrooms
And parents, please follow the same rules also.