Struggling to keep up with young kids, being on the go and still trying to feel and look cool n' confident. Some tips from the Parentree mommy collection:
- Wear lots of black (or even dark colours) if the weather permits. Black shirts or black kurtis, kurtas etc. Will make you look slimmer, hide all the gooey kiddie stains and will look chic for sure.
- Wear clothes with pockets. Can keep lots of kiddie and mommy stuff. From cargo pants with pockets, to kurtas with pockets.
- Instead of handbags, wear backpacks or sling bags when you are up and about with kids--from the park to the mall. Your hands will be free for the better things of life.
- Add instant style with fun accessories. Try chunky necklaces, earrings that you can quickly don on and do not have to fuss with. They are easy and inexpensive as well.
- Wear comfortable footwear. Some trendy sneakers -- both practical and cool. Or if you have to wear heels, try the comfortable platform sandals.
- If you love scarves and stoles and find it tough to manage with your toddler in tow, try tying a scarf to your bag or your hips. They can color and jazz up your look and you will still have your hands free.
- If you do not like to fuss with dupattas with your salwar set, do not wear one while being active with your child. Just wear a kurta with salwar. Comfortable and still ethnic. You can even don a kurta with leggings for some indo-western flair.
- Not much time to shop. Plan your wardrobe so that most of it is lasting and does not go out of fashion fast. Simple, comfortable and stylish is the magic style mantra that most new moms find helpful. You could of course pick up some pieces that are the fad of the moment for fun.
Feel great and happy going!