SAHMs, incident sounds familiar?
I remember when I had a baby and my husband would leave home for work. He would give me a long to-do list—call the travel agent, get the AC fixed, do the taxes, get his shirts dry-cleaned...All this on top of taking care of the baby single-handedly (was in the U.S. at that time and had no help) and the domestic chores and my own stuff.
I remember saying once that would not have time for a few things and he (though innocently) blurted but what do you do the whole day. After that of course he said oh I know you are busy...but...Now he is a good understanding guy who does help around. ☺ But they don’t get all the little little nitty gritty stuff we moms have to do. Do they?
I wondered ...so what do I do the whole day? I sure am busy. No time sometimes even to go to the loo without being disturbed...
So I was chatting with a friend about our DHs and she jokingly said that you know next time they get back from work we should show them:
- The 8-10 dirty nappies we change every day
- A tally of the number of times our baby/toddler interrupts us while we do paperwork
- The number of times we clean their noses, clean the mess they make, clean their butts...
- The amount of work that goes into training, dealing with or briefing the maid...
- Number of times we sit and cuddle them when they get hurt etc. etc. etc.
Any other ideas? I did not do it btw. But it was funny and would surely get the point across and made me realize where my time goes... ;-)
Pointers to abbreviations used