| Last updated: 7/30/2008 7:34PM IST
|Parentree is a community of parents. Merriam-Webster starts by defining
community as "a unified body of individuals" and that is what we are.
We are different people, linked by the shared passion of parenting, and
the common history, heritage and culture of India, though we are
located everywhere across the globe.
is our responsibility to ensure this community flourishes and is a
welcoming place for all parents. To foster this, every member of the
community will follow this Code of Conduct.
Code of Conduct can be updated at any time. Every member of the
community is bound to an updated version as soon as it appears on this
- Be a role
model for your children. Act exactly as you would want them to - with
good manners, politeness and mutual dignity and respect for other
members of the community
- Respect and accept that opinions, practices, beliefs vary from individual to individual.
have a right to disagree with another. If you wish to express your
disagreement, debate the opinion or position, logically and
- Do not attack any person, irrespective of whether they are a member of the community or not.
- When you comment or respond, stick to the topic of the original poster.
not bring stereotypes, hate, discrimination, bigotry, rumours, slander,
offensive language and offensive content to the community.
- Do not post graphic, gruesome, or offensive images.
- Do not violate anyone else's privacy.
- Welcome new members to the community. Make them feel a part of the family.
- No solicitation please.
- Make friends but choose them wisely and with care.
randomly invite other members of the community to be your friends and
don't be offended if someone you hardly know turns down your
- Respect copyright. Do not copy-and-paste
someone else's work without permission. If you use another source as a
reference, mention it clearly and give them credit.
free to report any violation of this code, by pressing the button with
the red flag, that you find everywhere in the community. We will
review it, and assess it and at our sole discretion, take action.
In the case of groups, the group managers will perform this role.
All Rights Reserved Copyright © 2008-2013 Parentree