It was announced last year DAV Gopalapuram application issue process should be handled more smoothly going forward. Unlike in the past, application issue date will be on two days (Dec 3rd and 4th). I see this as good sign and expecting queue to be short and more application issue counters to be open.
Moreover, I do not see a point why DAV Gopalapuram should issue limited applications (~300) as it can mint money in the form of application fee (Rs. 150) for the cost of less than Rs. 25 (including application printing cost and overtime pay for staff).
I guess the main criteria are as following:
1. Age limit for LKG admission 3 years 6 months as of June 1st 2011.
2. Commute to school should be less that 5km
Note: 1 and 2 are necessary but not a sufficient conditions. Original proof of residence and birth certifications should be shown at the time of submitting the applications. These will be returned immediately after verifying.
3. Siblings get the first priority, if item 1 is met (2 is given).
4. If a parent attended DAV under the same management for either X and XII, you need to submit the mark sheet to get preference.
5. Also, Child of government employees gets preference if they meet 1 and 2.
6. Both parents must be post graduates -- irrespective of both parents working or not, I am not 100% sure of this (source: from other forum members).
Hope this helps.