I myself has adopted a girl child when she was one year old and now she is 6.5 yrs. Though the decision taken by many to adopt a 2nd child is good, I would like to throw light on some points:
1. There is long queue of adoptive parents and after registration it takes around 2 years to start the process.
2. Since many of you have already 1 biological kid, you are already enjoying the parenthood but think of those who are craving for a child, not having their biological child and waiting for 2-3 years to get the adoptive child at home. I myself has experienced the joy of having a child at home after about 10 years of treatment for infertility and then another 4 years waiting for adoption to happen. The 2nd child which the people like you will be adopting will give LIFE to the home who are not having any child and frustrated of all the treatments taken.
3. As mentioned by you adoption is not the simple process. It is getting complicated day by day with such big waiting list of adoptive parents. The adoptive agencies are demanding the huge sums for the kids somewhere between 1.5 to 2.00 lacs for a boy since the children are less than the parents.
4. In such circumstances adding your name to the waiting list???? is wrothwhile??? I am not against the adoption by parents like you but you can adopt the grown up kids who had not gone for adoption in their childhood due to some reasons or the other and let the parents who don't have biological child enjoy the small wonders of a small kid.
5. You should try for adopting a child from SINDHUTAI SAPKAL who is holding around 1000 children and giving them for adoption. If she releases all these children to adoptive agencies, the parents like you can definitely think of 2nd adoption. All these children held at her various agencies bear the name of her and anyone can easily fine out that the child is ANATH/ORPHANGE. There is a very biggggggggggggg diference in the child growing in an ANATHASHRAM and at home. Now looking at my daughter no one will come to know that she is an adopted child. And people think that SINGHUTAI is doing a GREAT JOB. Has she ever thought of these children after she passes away???? Giving all of them a home will be a GREAT JOB according to me.
Sorry if I have hearted any of you in any way but think on this.