We did not go for any recommendation and went on with the normal procedures of application and interview.. Fortunately, my kid had answered well.. They have displayed in MVM that the following parameters are considered..
1. The child's age - must complete 3 years and 6 months as on March of the acedemic year.
2. Qualification & Income of parents
3. Distance from school (preferably less than 5 km)
4. Child's Performance in the interview (basic things like identifying animals, colors, shapes, reply for questions like father's/mother's/school's name, what did you have for breakfast etc, and narration of rhymes)
5. If there are too many children matching the criteria, they put them into lucky draw and select the desired count in presence of committee members and few parents
I think these are few seats apart from the committee/trust/board/VVIP/Sibling/alumini quota seats..
In Sindhi model also, we were in the interview on 15th and the same normal procedure similar to MVM was asked but the they seemed to be more particular on the education of the mother of the kid and preferably should be a home maker..
Hope this clarifies..