i have joined my daughter in Epistemo Global for PP1. they follow CBSE. However CBSE curriculum only matters from class 7th onwards because until then CBSE only provide guidance on what to teach rather than prescribing books etc. EG takes advantage of this and for PP1 and other lower primary classes, picksup subjects from various syllabi like IB, British council, CBSE, ICSE etc.
Good things i found here.
1. this school takes a middle path between traditional schools and the so-called international schools. this way the kids dont lose out the global exposure to new teaching methodologies while still remain grounded to the realities of the world.
2. i especially liked the teaching methodologies that the vice principal Mrs. Pamp Choudary told me about. the only concern i had when i spoke to her, was "if the teachers who are going to be recruited have the same passion and committment" as her. For this she told me that she is going to monitor the training to teachers personally and i was satisfied.
3. impressive infrastructure (atleast what the brochure shows). i personally dont like schools that grow vertically. i feel they should provide ample space for the kids to play. this school has all that in the 2.5 acres campus.
4. lower fee structure compared to similar schools.
1. construction of the school is still in progress. even though they made the class rooms ready, the sorroundings and other school areas are still under constructions. so i was concerned with the safety of the kids because i have seen 15ft ditches, iron rods peircing out of the ground, unmanned stair cases which do not yet have railings, open 1st and upper floors that dont still have parapet walls...
princi says, they will take care of it.. need to see how much they really will take care of..
however i have already paid the amt so i am kind of stuck..nothing i can really do now.. i hope they make it more safer for the kids studying there...fingers crossed..