Please avoid Apollo hospital, we had a very bad expereince at Apollo and it seems its systemic problem rather than isolated one.
Some of the pointers that stand out from my perspective - never saw something similar in any reasonable hospital in Delhi
1. My wife during c-section was given general anethesia not local as its normal practice elsewhere. Anethestic when asked as to what is the need to give general anethesia - mentioned thats how we do it, its normal. Obviously we didn't push too much at that critical juncture when my wife was being pushed in the OT.
2. There was no decorum in the OT - all kind of people of roaming in and out.
3. The ICU - was like general ward, with so many people in. The cleaners laughing around and coughing/sneezing. Complaints to doc/nurses only drew shrugs.
4. Baby instantly moved to the room, typically till mother is mobile etc- baby is kept in nursery in case of C-section.
5. Nurse sent to give bath to baby - just took the baby to bathroom to give bath in cold water and had no training or any bath tub etc. pathetic - the bath room condition was another topic.
6. Docs on the visit would causally ask the baby to be sent to their room - near crowded OPD for all injection etc. "Where does it happen"? Prompt response - its like only in Hyderabad.
7. When we checked in - we were strongly advised to take the c-section pacakge ie. some 75k - with 4 days post op care etc. but very surprisingly - the doc came in early morning 6-7 am of 3 rd day to check you out that you are no more required here. And obviosuly package meant you pay for full :-)
All in all - very shitty experience and very callous hospital ! I would not go to that hospital ever - its total different experience from Apollo Delhi. If I had time, I would have loved to sue them for the mental torture they gave us.