Dear fellow parents,
Many times, I have had to do some research or check with other parents before deciding on a child friendly eat-out. In addition to food quality and variety, I look for open space, child friendly ambience (fish tank, garden, etc), relaxed service and some additional activities in the restaurants. I am listing below some that meet my criteria - since we live in north, most of them are in north or central bangalore. And I am not including Pizza huts and corners or the Coffee days or those heritage clubs like ‘The Bowring’! Take a look and would love to hear of more if you know of any:
1) The Oberoi – Though on the higher end, this place is a hit because of its greenery and ponds with fishes and a very relaxed ambience.
2) The café adjoining Oxford book store in The Leela – Though the menu is limited, the adjoining book store makes up for it. You can relax over a coffee while your kids can run amuk in the bookstore. Or you can ponder over those huge coffee table books while kids can be in the café or outside near the fountain.
3) Java Café in Reliance Time out, Cunningham Road – They stock good pastries and milk shakes and customized breads. USP is the Reliance Time-out store.
4) Food court in Sigma mall – Scores because of the open space and the variety menu on offer and of course the mall beneath.
5) Food court in Esteem mall – Not much on offer here but even the limited options, especially the play area with balls, and the ice cream parlour, make it a favourite hang out for my kids.
6) Fresco at Hat works Boulevard – Though cramped and filled with smoke, kids can wander around that beautiful bungalow while you can order some good continental stuff.
7) EdenGarden in Infantry Road – Has a good play area and the USP is the ice cream parlour – it has a huge menu on offer. Food is mediocre though.
8) Neel in RMV, Near Ramaiah Hospital – Open lay out and fishes are attraction; has decent menu including continental
9) Food court at UB city mall – Recent addition. Hit is the fountain in the food court and this particular restaurant ‘Rajdhani’ has an awesome thali.