It's the time of the year when kids fall sick very often. Though we all know the basics on how to protect them from falling sick, here are some guidelines to follow
1. Frequent Hand washing: Make the kids wash their hands with soap and warm water as often as possible esp before meal time and snack time, after coming from the playground, before going to bed. It’s even better if you apply alcohol based hand sanitizer after every wash which would kill the germs that are left out.
2. Cover your mouth while sneezing: Teach your kid to sneeze on the elbow instead of using their hand to cover the mouth in order to avoid spreading germs from the hand. If you use tissue dispose them immediately in the trash bin.
3. Warm clothing: Use warm clothes during the days when it’s very chill
4. Avoid close contact with the sick person
5. Keep the kids away from the smoke area esp. cigarette smoke which affects your kid’s respiratory track.
6. Keep the kitchen sink clean as it’s one of the places where you find more germs. Scrub it clean with disinfecting cleaner
7. Avoid taking the kids to supermarket or any crowded places where they are susceptible to germs by touching the elevator walls or buttons, grocery cart handle, escalator railings
8. Make them eat healthy food with lots of vegetables and fruits in the diet
9. Encourage them to drink lot of warm water
10. Allow them to have a good sleep daily
11. Get vaccinated for the seasonal flu
But if anyone falls sick, try your best in not spreading the germs to other family members
1. Wash hands regularly
2. Apply alcohol based hand sanitizer after every hand wash
3. Use hot water for washing the clothes. Avoid touching your mouth or nose while handling the clothes after washing.
4. Avoid any close contact with the person with cold and fever
5. Keep the sick person away from kitchen to avoid spreading germs to others thro food and water
6. Don’t allow the child to share his / her things such as the toys, towel with other family member
7. Wipe clean everything that your family members touch such as door knobs, stair case railing, phone, remote control etc with alcohol based disinfectant . do this atleast twice or thrice a day until the sick person gets well.
8. Wash the toys with soap and hot water