Things to do with kids in Bangalore
Fun activities for kids in and around Bangalore
(Work in progress. Please comment and we can add to this...)
In Bangalore city
- Cubbon Park
- Bal Bhavan: Train ride, kids rides, playground with slides, swings etc.
- Grounds to walk around, Bamboo garden etc.
- Boat ride
- Aquarium (near Cubbon Park)
- Fishes in tanks (tiger shark, transparent fish, eels, 2 floors)
- Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum
- Walking distance from Cubbon Park
- For older kids
- For younger kids, the huge moving (teeth showing, mouth opening, sound) model of the dinosaur is very entertaining. That is all we go here for but it is fun for all
- Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium just off of Chowdiah Road
- Call to find out show timings 22266084, 22203234 (10:15 to 5:15). Closed mondays and second Tuesdays of the month.
- They have amazing solar system etc. shows. The English shows are at 12:45 pm, 3:45pm and 4:30pm.
- Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain (near planetarium)
- 7 pm, 8:30 pm every day except Mondays and second Tuesdays
- HAL Aerospace Museum
- Airport road
- Fighter jets, helicopters...educational and fun for kids who love wings and wheels
- Ph 25228341
- Lal Bagh
- Tracks for cycling or skating as well
- Lake (beautiful picturesque water lillies)
- Massive granite boulder to climb and also great trees at the top of the boulder for kids to climb and hang on. Pretty view as well.
- Flower nursery next door is pretty
- Annual flower show
- Bangalore Walks (Lal Bagh walk especially)
- Conducted walks by the Pai couple, early Sunday mornings, Kids will enjoy the nature, they talk about the trees, interesting, educational and fun
- Walk is followed by a hot dosa breakfast at MTR
- Parks (Sadashivnagar, RMV, Indiranagar etc...??)
- Sankhey Tank
- feeding ducks, boating, picnic, can combine with the nearby Sadashivnagar Park
- Oxford Book Store kiddie area (Leela Hotel)
- Crossword Bookstore (Residency Road)
- Children's Story time/craft activities at 11:45 on Sat mornings
- Doodle Den in Richmond town
- pottery and clay painting
- activities and classes during weekends and holidays
- Claytopia in Indira Nagar
- clay painting and other activities
- activities and classes during weekends and holidays
- Hippocampus Library
- Library and children's experience center at Koramangala
- Activities on weekend morning at 11ish
- Summer camps
- Library for kids (Sharjah Pur Road, Marathahalli, Sun City)
- http://www.mindgym. in
- GenieKids at HAL 2nd stage
- Kids activities and classes
- Eden gardens restaurant
- Infantry Road, Kids area, Ice-creams, greenery
- Fun World/Star City
- rides, water rides and other fun activities for children
- Best is that it is right within the city and no travel
- Palace Grounds, opp TV tower, 2343 0496 / 2343 1651
- Lumbini Garden (near Hebbal lake)
- Rides for kids etc.
- Embassy riding school
- Palace grounds riding school
- Fun Corner
- Esteem mall near Hebbal, Forum mall at Koramangala, Oasis center at Koramangala
- Kids activity area
- Visit to temple/church/mosque
- cultural and mind-broadening, make it fun, expose different places of worship to kids
- Trip to buy fruits and vege with the kids (eg, Malleshwaram mandi)
Near Bangalore (day trips)
- jungle resort
- Gerry Martin farm
- lots of farm animals
- Bannerghata national park and zoo
- Wildlife safari in a bus. You see lions, tigers etc. close
- Butterfly park nearby the zoo is amazing
- Adults will enjoy coffee at Grasshopper farm/gourmet restaurant on way to the zoo. Lovely green farm and kids can romp around. If you want to eat here call in advance and the prices are steep. Grasshopper also has an eclectic boutique for moms to browse. Started by designers. So the building too is very pretty and modern
- Wonder La
- High quality water park and water rides
- High quality land rides also
- Club Cabana
- water rides, restaurant, wave pool, day packages for adults/kids
- Cauvery River Bank at Bheemeshwari (Jungle Lodge
- Innovative film city
- Toyota car plant near Innovative kid city
- Shimsa falls or Talakadu on the Mysore road side
- Nrityagram-Dance Village
- Mind broadening for adults and children
- (30-45 mins.) from Bangalore on the Tumkur highway
- Can see the dancers practice
- The campus is aesthetic--nature and architecture
- Lunch or stay at the adjacent Taj Kuteeram
- Taj Kuteeram next to Nrityagram
- Good food and very pretty...Day trip or even overnight stay
- Kids can enjoy the geese and the trees and just romping
- If you ask them in advance, they can organize archery, pottery
- Silveroak farm (on Nandi Hill)
- Easy day trip or an overnight stay. Homestay.
- They have a tortoise, dogs, small gardens with vegetables, fruits
- Pretty place to unwind in nature for adults, gourmet western and Indian food cooked by the owners
- Can hike to Nandi Hill
Please share your favorite spots in comments...
Last updated: Sept 29, 2008
Kids can also learn & enjoy soccer, from loko soccer schools.
1) Christ School, Christ School Road, D.R.C. Post, Bangalore - 560029, Bangalore, 560029
Class Timing - Saturdays & Sundays - 4:00pm to 6:00pm
2) Inorbit Mall ââ‚¬â€ś Bangalore
Loko Soccer Schools, Waterford, C wing C.D. Barfiwala lane, Above BMW showroom, Andheri west Mumbai ââ‚¬â€ś 58
Phone - +91 9819109480 / +91 22 42609722 / +91 22 42609723, Office Hours: Monday to Friday ââ‚¬â€ś 9:30am to 6:30pm , Mail us on ââ‚¬â€ś firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Loko-Soccer-Schools/471548532929077?id=471548532929077&sk=info
website - www.lokkosports.co.in
a categorised list from one of my friends
Try the Rhyme N Rhythm Sessions for your babies and kids upto 5 years
thanks for the informative article .
Sure, we're going to be hosting summer camps and skating lessons, besides a large range of activities. This coming Sunday May 15th, we're doing a Salsa dance workshop for parents, and on May 21st, therez a free sampling and a demo of Aquasand or Moondough. Do leave your phone number and email id at Monkey Maze to receive updates about all our activities.
Monkey Maze Team.
Hi folks, Monkey Maze has opened another branch at Marathahalli, housing a Tarzan Swing, 8ft Trampoline, Slides, Baby play area, a Toy Store, and a Tiny Treats Cafe with goodies for children and parents. Do check out our Facebook pics @ Monkeymaze Bangalore, and come over and visit sometime. Its the newest, and 'most fun' place to visit !
Parentree, thanks for all your support ! You guys have been part reason for our success as well :) ! All the feedback we've got from here has only spurred us to do better !
thanks so much. I'm always stuck thinking about places to take my son to, in B'lore
Another fun place in Bangalore for Kids is Kreative Gen where they can exlore with various paper craft mediums at sarjapur Road call in advance 9880167268
Just wanted to let you know that we've opened a kids activity centre called Gambolla off Infantry Road. Gambolla boasts of Over 2000 sq. ft. of space, Indoor & outdoor playground, Special play zone for infants, Art & craft corner, Giant play house, Puzzles, games, books, toys, Multiple activity choices, Mini cafĂ© for parents & much, much more.
Do call us on 98807 81411. Would love for you to swing by with your kids!
check out www.peekabooindia.com. great playcenter to bring your kids too.
Thanks for sharing these which is so much helpful for ppl new to the city.
Do check out some more places too which have horse riding, eco resorts
SportyMom, that sounds cool. We plan to move to Sharjahpur Road in the next 1-2 years. That is useful and timely info.
Thanks for sharing.
If you or your kids are sports enthusiasts then check out Sports Coach Academy (www.sportscoach.in), they train kids in various sports, some of their coaches train kids in our apartment in basketball, swimming, taekwondo & TT.
They also have a sports facility on Sarjapur Road (havent been there though).
Hi, I run a place called Monkey Maze in Indiranagar which has a huge soft play area including climbing walls, rope tunnels, slides and ball pools. We also have lots of books, puzzles and games. We have art n craft materials like plaster of paris moulds, potter's clay, paints and color papers etc. We just opened a couple of months back and have had great response. Its located at No. 30303, 13th Main, HAL II Stage. Would love to have you come over and take a look !
Indiranagar has a lib. now called KIDS KOUCH just checked the place out, it has both books and toys for carrying home.
Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary is a good option. Its about 130 Kms from Bangalore..It is off the Bangalore-Mysore Highway just after Srirangapatna on the way to KRS. Well maintained lawns, huge lake and lots of birds,boat ride on the lake etc. Maybe you need to checkout the best time to be there.Make sure you take your binoculars.
Anybody been to GRS Fantasy Park near Mysore? I'm told it's good.
Innovative Film City at Bidadi is a good option too. They have rides, Ripley's Believe it or Not museum, Mirror maze and a beach too! There are more things, exact names of which I don't recollect (Lilliput land and some horror rides too I think) There's also a safe play area for toddlers and shopping too.
Mind Gym and Readres Lib are on Sarjapur Outer Ring road. Kids have a variety of toys, CD's and books to choose from. They have free home delivery as well
Always longed to see your children mess around and dirty their fingers like in Enid Blytonââ‚¬â„˘s ââ‚¬Ĺ“Mistletoe Farmââ‚¬Âť and be one of those adventurous lucky cousins? They could do just that on a Sunday at National Geographic Adventurer, Gerry Martinââ‚¬â„˘s farm, off Sarjapur Road. call 9886169698.
Jungle Resort Galibore 100 kms from Bangalore Run by Jungle Lodges & Resorts, a unit of Karnataka Tourism, the Galibore Fishing and Nature Camp is tucked away literally far from the maddening crowd, deep in the deciduous forests about ten km from Sangam, on the banks of the River Cauvery.
Eva mall (off Brigade Road) has an activity centre for children. It has a ball pit and nicely padded play equipment for children to climb, crawl and slide.
Please add to this list or point any corrections. Then can send out a revised journal with many more kiddie activities.